Chapter 8

Biana's POV:

I shoved Sophie and Keefe into a closet and locked the door. "We'll let you out in 15 minutes!"

Brushing my hands together, I sat down beside Tam.

I looked at Fitz, expecting him to frown, but he just looked... resigned. Like he had given up. Maybe he'll finally get over Sophie and move on. Sophie and Keefe belong together, whether he likes it or not. 

My mind drifted to Tam. He glanced at me, and something in his gaze made me squirm. 

"Since neither Sophie and Keefe can go at the moment, it's your turn, Biana," Linh said.

I thought for a moment and realized Tam was on my right. "Never have I ever... hailed my Mentor." 

Tam sighed and grinned at me through his bangs. Linh giggled and handed him his Imparter. 

Only for you, his shadow whispered. I blushed. What was that supposed to mean?

Switching off his video, he hailed Lady Zillah. 

"Who is this? Why are you bothering me? Hello?" Lady Zillah's sharp voice rang through the air.

"Uh, hi, I'd like to speak to Jailyn," Tam said, his voice an octave lower. 

"I don't appreciate strangers hailing me, especially at night!" She hung up.

We all sat in stunned silence for a while and then started laughing. 

"Thank god she didn't recognize my voice," Tam chuckled.

"Who's Jailyn?" Dex asked. 

"I just made up a name," Tam said. Phew. For some reason, it made me happy that he didn't know a Jailyn.

"Your turn, Tam," Wylie said. Tam turned and faced his sister.

"Never have I ever... talked to my pillow like it's my crush," he challenged. 

Linh went red. "I've actually done that before," she said.

Someone must've unlocked the door because Sophie walked out with Keefe's arm around her. 

"When?" Tam asked Linh.

"When what?" Sophie asked, confused.

"Tam said 'Never have I ever talked to my pillow like it's my crush'," Biana explained.

"Oh yeah, I remember that," Sophie said. "Linh, Marella, Biana, and I had a sleepover a few months ago, and that was one of the dares we had to do."

Keefe's POV:

"Hmm, and who were you picturing when you talked to your pillow?" I asked, nudging Sophie. 

"Like I'll ever tell," she said, rolling her eyes playfully. 

"Okay, Linh's turn!" Biana urged. 

"Never have I ever done the Iris jig for 30 seconds," Linh said to Wylie.

"Irish," Sophie corrected, grinning. 

Wylie groaned and started to dance.

I looked at Foster. She was smiling. It was a nice change from constantly worrying over the Neverseen. I just wanted her to be happy.

"Okay," Wylie sat down and turned to Fitz. "Never have I ever..."

"Make it something embarrassing," I said. Sophie elbowed me.

"Gee, thanks," Fitz said sarcastically.

"Never have I ever done 4 cartwheels in a row," Wylie decided.

"Hallway," Biana ordered. 

Wylie and Fitz went out into the hallway. After 394 seconds, Fitz came back in, followed by Wylie. "Come on, man, that was pathetic," Wylie complained.

"Nice to know that Wonderboy isn't so perfect after all," Dex said. I reached over and gave him a high-five.

"It couldn't have been that bad," Sophie said. 

"It was, trust me," Wylie said, nudging Fitz. 

Fitz sighed, then grinned. "Never have I ever let Keefe pick out an elixir from Slurps and Burps and then drink it," he said to Dex. 

I grinned evilly. "No mercy, cinnamon bun," I said. 

I leaped to Slurps and Burps. "Hi, Kesler." I waved to the strawberry-blonde elf behind the counter.

"Keefe! What are you looking for today?" he asked.

"I get to pick one elixir that Dex has to drink," I said.

"You'll find some good ones in the prank section," he said. 

"You have a prank section?" I said gleefully.

"Not for customer use, but I have a shelve in the back," he grinned. 

I hurried towards the back of the shop and immediately spotted the shelf. One of the bottles caught my eye. Rainbow Locks. Turns hair rainbow in color.

Perfect. I grabbed it and went to the counter. Kesler waved me off when I tried to pay. "Nope, on the house. Take a picture, though."

I grinned and leaped away. Ripping off the label, I handed it to Dex.

"Ugh, you're the worst," Dex complained as his hair turned colorful and sparkly.

Marella considered it. "It's kinda cute." 

Dex blushed, and said, "Thanks."

Sophie laughed. "Good choice," she said to me.

I bowed. "Glad you approve, m'lady."

"Never have I ever sat still and not spoken for 10 minutes," Dex said.

Marella, who was constantly bouncing around, groaned. 

Sophie's POV:

"10 minutes starts... now!" Dex said, tapping the Disneyland watch I gave him.

"Keefe's turn, since Marella can't talk," Linh said.

Keefe turned to me. I couldn't help but be excited as he said, "Never have I ever..."