Prologue

Regulus Arcturus Black jagged breaths protruded the emptiness of the cave. His eyes swelled with tears after the grueling images that splotched his visions after drinking the poison in the basin. He saw his beloved wife playing with his daughter. Their gleeful eyes turned to him. He closed his eyes blocking the rest of the images. Under his breath, he managed to say,"I'm so sorry". 

Then he felt himself fall backward into the murky water. Darkness filled his visions as he sank. Bony and pale hands reached out to latch into his wrist and ankles bringing his lifeless body to join the depths of the cave. The last image Regulus ever had in his head was about his daughter; Beatrice Rose Black. His death meant that she would live in a world ridden of war and terror.

A sobbing house-elf with matted clothes found his way back into the manor. Kreacher's shaky legs gave up as he gave Tom Riddle's locket to a worried Aurora Rose Black and her brother, Remus Lupin. 

He had managed to spew out -"M-Master Regulus. He dismissed me and told me to give this to you, Master Aurora". 

Aurora clutched the locket in her hands and Remus gave her a comforting squeeze on her shoulders.The locket latched itself open and a blinding light came out and attached itself to Aurora's unassuming figure. Alas, her focus was on the last words of her husband. Her hand reached her mouth, covering the sobs that trekked up her throat. 

Her eyes burned with tears. She let out an inhuman scream as she left into her brother's arms, finding solace in his ragged robes that smelt all too much of her childhood. Remus gently stroked her back, praying for whoever listened to let his younger sister be fine. Aurora was far from fine, but the burning electric feeling at the pit of her stomach turned into hatred for the people that had left a fatherless daughter and a widow broke beyond repair.

On one night, during an Auror mission. Aurora Rose Black created a shield that intertwined beautifully yet so tragically with her powerful magic. There were a thousand storms that night, even if a single leaf moved on the dry week. James Potter and Sirius Black saw her eyes turn a pure grey that reminded them of thunder. 

As she fell weakly into the eldest Black's arms, Alastor Moody deemed it necessary to urgently convoke an order meeting to discuss what no one thought possible. 

Aurora Rose Black had magic that no one was known to possess, magic so ancient that even Albus Dumbledore sat speechlessly at the head of the table at Grimmauld Place. The youngest Lupin had the power to convey ancient electricity into her magic; a sorts of electrokinesis.

Remus apparated into headquarters and headed directly to his sister's chambers. He had a crying Beatrice Rose in his hands. They both waited for the female to move and wake up. As she did, she knew she was a valuable piece in destroying the dark lord. She knew the sacrifice, and she was going to avenge her husband and guarantee that her daughter would live in a world that promised only peace.

Aurora was quickly sent to missions that required her skill. Her last one alas, unknown to the trio was protecting Harry Potter on the chilly night of October 31st, 1981. 

Thunder fell easily as Aurora's nerves sky-rocketed. She thought about her daughter, and how she would have done the same for Lily Evan's child. A break on the front door sent the door flying into the living room as Voldemort stepped into the room. 

James Potter cried for both females to go into the nursery. Aurora turned her back when she heard Tom Riddle scream with such fury ,"Avada Kedavra!". 

James Potter's body lifelessly fell at the nape of the stairs. She screamed in aghast and pure agony. Her best friend was dead. Lily pulled at her wrist as she closed the door of the nursery. She said with tears in her eyes, "Rory, please protect Harry. You are the only one who can", she then turned to an unassuming baby Harry Potter who wailed in his crib. 

"Harry, mom, and dad love you so much. You are loved". She then nodded to Aurora that remained still. 

The door blasted open and Voldemort let out a crooked laugh, "Pity I have to cleanse this world of such talent and pureblood magic, but it must be done". 

Even before Lily could mutter a spell he sent the killing curse her way, making her scream and drop lifelessly. The red slitted eyes suddenly found their way to an Aurora Black who was mustering all the power she had within. 

As Voldemort sent yet another killing curse, it was met with a barrier that imposed itself between the crib and the monster. The dark lord snarled and sent another curse, this time destroying the shield, only to be met with Aurora's wandless magic abilities. 

He then proceeded to point Harry, where the backfiring of a curse painfully lodged itself into the baby's forehead shaped like a crooked thunderbolt. Aurora cried in agony as she mustered even more magic than her frail body allowed. She pushed past her pain and sent out the killing curse that finally hit the Dark Lord square in his chest. 

Both figures staggered and fell, Aurora did not notice that she had failed to block a killing curse that was sent her way. As Voldemort's body began to crack and fade, she completely fell into her knees. 

Her breath staggered as she held to the railings of the crib, "Harry, you are so loved. I'm sorry that your godmother won't see you grow old. I love you and take care of my Tris". 

Her hand slipped and she fell, meeting a peaceful death. As she finally gave herself to death, she found her husband waiting for her. He smiled and offered his hand leading her into eternity together.

Sirius Orion Black ran to his best mate's house. He found the door off its hinges. He sucked in a breath as he found a lifeless James Potter at the stairs. He cradled his head and cried into his chest. 

His only family is dead.

 He closed Jame's eyes and continued his way upstairs when he was greeted by yet another blow, finding Lily Potter dead. He sobbed and only wished for his godson to somehow be alive. As he opened the door, he wasn't ready for the sight. 

He held down a string of bile that found its way up to his throat. His first love was pale and lifeless next to Harry's crib. Harry was wailing as he held Aurora's fingers that were still somehow lodged in between the railings of the crib. Sirius's cries of agony mixed with another's as Severus Snape entered the house. They exchanged a sad nod. Sirius then barrelled out of the house, knowing what he had to do.

Albus Dumbledore gave Harry Potter out to the Durselys, where he knew the boy would be safe. He then proceeded to apparate into the small cottage that held a pacing Remus Lupin with a sleeping Beatrice Black in his arms. As he saw the headmaster, he gently put his niece and goddaughter to sleep in her makeshift crib. 

When Dumbledore somberly delivered all the devastating news, he fell to his knees with dry sobs as tears found their way mercilessly into the wooden floor. He had lost his sister, and his best mates, all in one ruddy night. 

He was alone.

He then placed a gentle hand in Beatrice's cheek and said, "You, Beatrice Rose Black are loved. I promise I will protect you, take care of you, and never let harm come your way".

That night, Remus Lupin became the father figure of a girl who became the greatest enigma of the wizarding world. How could such an unassuming girl become such a fierce woman that lived to protect her friends and endured suffering enough to bring down armies? She had a voltaic fall from grace, but she would get back up and take it back to her former grace because she was Beatrice Rose Black. 

And so, Beatrice Rose Black came back from ashes, like a phoenix.