28

She woke up flushed in the arms of a lightly snoring Bill Weasley. She smiled at the sight and pressed her head against his chest, relishing in the comfort of his arms. A yawn resounded from the oldest Weasley and she felt a kiss pressed upon the crown of her head. The pair got up and immediately were greeted by everyone in the kitchen. 

Fred nudged George who laughed at the sight and said, 

"So now that the lover birds are here, can you, Ickle-Trissie Blackie, tell us why you Dumbledore asked you to go save Dad?"

Bill furrowed his eyes to his daft brothers that were causing much discomfort to the girl, he was about to throw a sarcastic remark when he felt his hand encased by a much smaller one that belonged to a pleading-eyed Beatrice Black.

"I will tell you this once, to all of you. I have unparalleled power that is not harnessed by my wand, it comes from deep inside me, a sort of ancient magic created by Merlin and Morgana. I don't even know the extent of it, I just know that its enough to help the order in their missions. That is the sole reason why Dumbledore deemed it so important for me to take my NEWT's a semester before. I do not know what is being protected at the department of mysteries, but surely it is something important. Right now, I don't know anything at all, if I will start the Auror program, or if I will just go straight to help the order. I don't know", the girl said in an almost shakily manner. 

Bill knew the woman was afraid of the future, not knowing what she was going to do for the time being. He glared at George, who was nudged by Fred in hopes to stop him from asking any more questions. Ginny nodded, understanding the older girl's position, Harry could not meet her eyes along with Hermione and Ron. 

Soon Sirius appeared by the door and said, "Arthur is stable, he's being discharged tomorrow for Christmas. Tris, a word, please". 

She stood up and walked towards an anxious Sirius who toppled her into a hug. 

He said, "Shit, Tris, don't do that again, I was so worried for you when Dumbledore sent for us. Remus almost had a cerebral aneurysm here, you want to kill your uncles, don't you? I know that you are to stay here for now and train for the Auror program with Tonks. I know you hate it, but your outside activity has to be monitored closely. You will have at least a member with you always since we don't know if Voldemort is still after you. Whatever it is Lil'Reggie, its bad enough so that Dumbledore gave us those express orders. Mad-Eye will train you along with Tonks and at the end of the year, you'll get your Auror License. I'm not happy your teenage years are cut this short, but a war is brewing, and you and Harry are our best hopes' in winning it". 

He grabbed her hands and talked solemnly. There she realized. She was a weapon of mass destruction, regardless of what side she played in. She did everything Dumbledore told her to because he had wanted her trained as soon as possible. She shook her head and asked, 

"I am the weapon both Voldemort and Dumbledore want, innit? I let myself be told what to do by Dumbledore because he knew it would lead me here. Why now? Why couldn't he tell me before? Why now, when I am healing and trying to enjoy the time that I have with the people I love?", she asked, her eyes burned with unshed tears. 

Sirius sighed and rubbed her back in comfort. He wished things were not like this. He wished for the niece he loved as a daughter to enjoy her teenage years, to do foolish things with Bill, to never feel the pain she already had felt. He also regretted not telling her before. If it were up to him, she would have known since Voldemort appeared in Harry's first year. 

She marched back to the kitchen were Tonks morphed into a duck, trying to lighten the mood. They made eye contact and the bright-haired witch nodded. Soon, they apparated to the Auror sector at the ministry building. They walked to a vacated training field, she knew what she had to do. For now, she would have to let her body and mind be used as a weapon to win a war. Her eyes suddenly slit in determination.