40

Merlin, Bill wrapped his arms around a bony and bruised Beatrice. Tears rolled from his eyes. He will never let anything else hurt her. She has been so strong and brave for all of them, but she couldn't do it all the time. He needed to be there for his wife. 

He carefully laid her in their bed, examining the dirtied and bloodied gown. He was quick to undress her, placing one of his long shirts. He looked at her, assessing the damage. 

Her wrists. They were so charred that it burned her prior scar away. The manacles itched and burned her so much that what Dolores Umbridge had made her write with a blood quill was gone. The engraved patters looked bloodied, and they were starting to scab over in a few days. 

He gathered his crestfallen brothers. All of them looked miserable. Charlie sported an unreadable expression, while George was helping a pale Fred. Ron could only fiddle with his fingers, waiting for his older brother to say something. 

"She's okay. She has clear signs of being tortured. Her body has been hit by numerous cruciatus curses. She also shows external bruises of physical torture. Charlie, I need you to fetch her potions. There are some spare healing potions at her lab. She will come out of this, but we all need to help her. She won't like it if we tiptoe around her. For now, she is resting. You can't say a word to anybody that she's here. If she wants to see Remus or Sirius, I'll personally send for them", Bill said, tiredly running his hands over his face. 

Charlie got up and clasped his shoulder, exhaled and said, 

"If there is something I know from Beatrice Black is that she is strong and brave, and she overcomes everything that is thrown her way. It will be hard for her to get back from this, but we will support you, Bill. No one messes with our sister". 

Fred, still pale, got up, in wobbly knees, and approach a scared Ronald Bilius Weasley. 

"You said she was dead, that she wouldn't make it. Do not ever say that again. You might be my brother, and I do love you, but next time, I won't stop Bill". 

Ice cold ran through the brother's veins. They had never heard Fred sound so ruthless and seething with poison. Who could blame him? He was the Weasley that helped her in Hogwart's, the one that had seen her down and had to bring her back up. Even with Cedric, he was always there. His brother's cowardice could have cost Beatrice her life. He shook his head, ridding himself from his thoughts. 

George followed his twin as the door was shut close. Ron flinched and tried to move to help. 

"Ron. I do not blame you, but I also don't condone your actions. You can stay here, just be useful and refrain from running your mouth with Fred. I know that Beatrice means a lot to him, as she does to me too", said Charlie, eyeing Bill from any reaction. 

Bill was numb. He couldn't even process what everyone said. He needed to be with his wife. 

With a jolt, he stood from his place and closed the bedroom door, leaning against it. He needed Beatrice to be alright. 

He laid in the bed next to her sleeping form. He tucked in a stray strand of hair out of her face. She was beautiful. She was broken. But, despite that, he would be there to always love her. 

"You are okay, darling. You are at home. You are alright. You are here, with me. I love you". 

With one last kiss to her forehead, he finally had a decent sleep for the first time in a month. 

At exactly five in the morning, he heard a strong panting coming from the woman beside him. A nightmare. He slowly crawled to his knees and cradled her head, shushing away the demons that rid her dreams. He murmured comforting words into her hair, feeling her stir.