22

Flashing electric currents. Her body was encased in her currents, with the muffled pleadings of Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Bill Weasley. Her hands felt cold, and her eyes darted around the room. It was almost as if she could not move, she thrashed in the spot, wanting to get rid of the invisible bindings. She heaved and swallowed gasps of air. 

She was in the tombstones, with invisible bindigs to keep her from reachin to Cedric as he collapsed lifelessly with a dull thud. 

"Tris, please, open your eyes, look at me. You are here at Grimmauld Place, you are not in the graveyard. Breath. C'mon, that's it. Deep breaths in and out. You are okay, I promise", Remus pleaded her goddaughter. 

She finally seized the currents that made a fortress out of her. She gasped for air and after disappearing the shocking lighting she launched her body forward, looking for the toilet. She spilled the few contents she had for dinner as she retched. Soon, calloused hands held her hair up and rubbed her back comfortingly. 

She eased, leaning into the toilet, trying her best not to throw up again. Shakily, she stood up to brush her teeth in the sink. She watched herself in the mirror; a face that she could not recognize stared back at her. Sickly pale skin, chapped and dry lips, protruding bony cheekbones that were before rosy cheeks. Her bony hands reached for her hair and tied in a messy bun. 

She looked like herself, but someone else stared back at her. Someone who had seen and experience the worst pain of them all. Someone who had lost the childish gleam on her eyes. Someone who was stripped from all her innocence way too young. Someone who was numb. 

It was like that every time she went to sleep. She would close her eyes only to open them and be brought back to the graveyard. Seeing Cedric's lifeless corpse, her cousin's tortured cries, and her feet being stuck in the ground, without being able to help, not even an ounce of power from her could stop anything.

Bill had been too kind to her. He took a desk job at Gringotts because he insisted that now with Voldemort back he had to be here to support the order and his family. He stayed after the order meetings to take care of Beatrice. The man hated seeing her in this state. It was like when she wasn't asleep she was fine, but as her nightmares appeared, it was getting harder to calm her down, taking the three men in the house for her to open her eyes. it was until recently, that she started manifesting the currents of electricity. 

Since she had begged Bill to stay, he has been asking her always if she needed him to stay, which ended in her holding on for dear life to him in the dead middle of the night. Bill hated that he couldn't do anything to help her pain, he tried not to walk in tiptoes around her as her two uncles did. 

Months had passed since the incident. Two or so she thought. She wasn't even aware of the time now. She couldn't care less. It hurt. It was the only thing she felt. Hurt. 

Beatrice Rose thought she was going insane. When she finally accepted her circumstances, there was the same bloody nightmare that tore her down. Since she had read Cedric's letter, everything had begun to make sense. It almost made the pain more bearable, she had a little room to breathe. She sat up in her bed and read the letter again, after countless times. She read his letter every time she had a negative thought or was left alone for too long. 

"My dear Tris Black, 

If you read this letter, then my death has indeed been untimely. I am sorry for the broken promises, but I won't be sorry that I lived a life where there was you. Since the moment I first saw you, I knew you were my salvation and my forever. I am sorry our future got cut short. I've always had a bad feeling about this tournament, I knew from the start that I wouldn't make it out of this one alive, my only regret was not spending the last moments I had with you.