46

"I've come to bargain"

"Death doesn't offer mercy in the forms of a bargain, girl". 

She saw death. She was death herself. She needed to defy it. She needed to find a way to make it all alright. Ando, so Beatrice Weasley slipped into the abyss. 

"I strike a deal with you, death, one that you must find in your best interest to follow", she exhaled. She could feel the dark tingles in her arm, it was real. She was bargaining with death. 

"I gave Harry Potter a choice. When he touches the resurrection Stone and when Voldemort kills him he would have a choice. To stay with his cherished ones and die, or to come back and save us all. I know he will choose the second one. It was at great cost I channeled your power into the stone. You require a price for that and I paid for it. You took all of my loved ones. Fred. Sirius. Remus. Nymphadora. It is just a matter of time before you take Bill and George. I know so". 

She spoke confidently, wanting to put in display all that swagger she was poising. Her mask would not be cracked. She needed to be ruthless and take chances. 

"Nameless is the price", death said and she stilled. 

Death knew that she was to be required to pay a price. It knew that he possessed leverage over her. The element of uncertainty. 

"You are far from your reach, Beatrice Black, you took my power when you defied me. I want them back intact. Do this and I will present the choice to every one of your beloved ones. Only I have the power to give that choice, and it shall remain like that. Greed is something I am familiar with, you wish to have my powers and steal them, making yourself a god. I want every ounce of them". 

"Then so be it. Take them, rip them away from me for all I care. Present the choice to Harry and all the others. Not only them, but all fifty that fell too. They don't deserve to die"

"You wish to change destiny, not give them a choice. I will give your beloved the choices, but the others won't have the luxury", the cold voice said. 

"You want your powers back? Have them."

Before death could get a grip on her, she burst in a fit of lightning. Currents enveloped each and every body of those fallen at the Battle of Hogwarts. People stood in the courtyard ad Voldemort carried a Harry Potter. 

Bill had left the girl unconscious, seemingly drained, not expecting his wife to be bargaining her life away. Suddenly, they turned to see the hallways filled with the familiar currents that Beatrice Weasley produced. 

Bill covered his eyes as he tried to run for his wife, but his brothers gripped him from entering the hallway. He fought to get their hands off, but without much, he was left on his knees to wait for his wife to step out. 

Death looked at her, feeling betrayed. 

"What did you do?", it seethed. 

"I payed my price. The powers of death is no longer mine. Take it". 

Death gripped her by the shoulders and plunged a hand inside her chest, taking every bit of its power it could find. Beatrice's power roared as it fought and death itself. Morgana's power proved worthy of the fight inside her body. 

She lurched only to find death grinning back at her. Darkness knew that it had been deceived. All along. 

"You foolish girl, not only did you steal my power, but you have life in your chest because your other powers provided for you. Nameless is the price. My price isn't fulfilled yet. It has no name, because you won't be remembered. You must be forgotten to truly be nameless. You will die and so will your power in your chest".