35

She did not like it one bit. The only sound that could be heard was the flapping of wings that resounded from the skeleton-like beast underneath them. She gathered her wand in her hand to cast a quick Lumos charm; however, the thestral lurched as spells littered the air. 

Deatheaters. She gaped as they entered the battlefield. Bill urged her to hold on to his waist as they swerved into the sky. 

She recognized Dolohov aiming for her godfather, but she was quick to cast an impedimenta charm to repeal it. In the great mass of greys and blacks, she could tell that the order was loosing, evading spells but not being agile enough to fire back. It would be a matter of seconds before they were bested. 

She saw when Snape blasted George's right ear. She screamed as a curse hit their thestral and the beast lurched forward. Soon, she knew that the point for her to use her power was coming to a start. 

Bill managed to keep up with Moody who screamed back at them, "Black, we are losing. You have to keep Harry safe. Give them hell!". 

She nodded as the one-eyed man zoomed past them. Her eyes zeroed in the middle of the airborne battlefield. This was it. She had been training for this. 

Bill screamed for her frantically as he felt her hands glide away from his waist. 

"Rose! Beatrice! No, don't do this! We'll find another way!", he screamed. 

The woman only shook her head and kissed his shoulder, letting go. She felt the wind rush through her hair as she fell. If it didn't work, she was as good as dead. 

This had to work. It could be the only thing that could work for the order. 

As she closed her eyes and summoned her currents, her long black hair pressed in a ponytail as she had it before, and the clothing stood baggy against her once again woman form. She hand changed back. She was Harry Potter no more. 

She summoned the currents and lifted her body into the sky, leaving trails of thunder in her wake. The air hit her face at the speed of her small frame racing through the sky. It was a sight to behold. 

Fred cheered and hollered, in awe of the spectacle that was Beatrice Black. It looked like a gleaming thunderbolt, bigger than he had ever seen. Whatever she was doing, it seemed to keep her airborne. 

Bill panted as he beheld his fiance. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in relief. He knew his soon to be wife could do this, but in the heat of the moment, he wanted no danger to come to her. 

As she seemed to dance with her currents, she zoomed past the order members and into the enemy's front line. All curses immediately directed towards her. She was once again, taking the brunt of the force, letting the rest of the members scurry to their paths without being noticed. 

Bill had to take a portkey to appear at the burrow along with Moody and Mundungus. The real Harry was in Hagrid's motorcycle. They were supposed to lay low on muggle traffic and blend in until it was safe to fly to the burrow. The rest either had to fly or meet at a checkpoint to apparate back to the burrow. 

She sent currents and deflected curses. It wasn't without effort that she could do this, besides, she was flying, which drained her of energy. Soon, she noticed Voldemort himself raining down from the sky, aiming for her. 

Her eyes widened as she sent a strong thunderbolt towards the monster. Voldemort staggered back in surprise. His eyes were slitted in determination. He had underestimated Beatrice Black's power again. Every time he encountered her, she only came back stronger and much determined. He wanted that type of power in his ranks. Not even the boy who live had such power. He knew Beatrice had the power to vanquish him along with Harry. Harry could defeat him as he had a part of his soul inside of him, but Beatrice could destroy him with her brutal force.