03

As Beatrice Black stepped into DADA with Cedric, it felt as if we had just taken a whiff of fresh air. The classroom was no longer dusty and covered by shadows, but now it held light and various animals she could recognize as Grindylows in the corner of the class. 

She looked up at Remus and he had a proud glint in his eyes as she stepped near the closet there was in the middle. It suddenly jolted and rattled, making the class take a step backward. Tris giggled at the sight, she knew that a boggart was the creature behind the doors, but alas, she did not want to spoil the delight mutters from the rest of the class. Cedric frowned still took a step forward to better examine the view. 

Remus started the lesson, "Now, does anybody know what this is?". 

Cedric raised his hand and Remus nodded at him to answer "That's a Boggart, Sir". 

Remus nodded, praising the young men. He was not fond of his close relationship to the women he considered his daughter, but he knew she was growing, and if not this year, then next they would end up as a couple. He already had placed his bets with a certain head of the house of Hufflepuff, who also had an eye in the blossoming relationship between the pair. 

 As the period continued, we formed a line and were taught the counterspell to repeal a boggart- Riddikulus. A few people went first. Some turned into giant cobras, to clowns, failure, and even Professor Snape. 

As Cedric took a stand, the boggart began to morph into a version of Beatrice in a puddle of her own blood asking him for help. Cedric paled and his knees buckled. There were sympathetic looks cast to the young badger who everybody knew harbored an unconditional love towards Tris. He cast the counter spell loudly and made his way to the very back of the class. His friends patted him in the back. However, he could not meet her eyes. Cedric felt humiliated that his sight was a bloodied Tris Black, but he knew that if he ever found himself in a situation of danger with her, he would not even doubt in saving her. 

Tris Black was worth everything in the world for him. 

 Tris now stood in front of the creature, it began to change. Slowly, morphed in front of her was a disturbing image of her father and mother lifeless on the floor, her father spilling with his last words his wish for Tris to join the right side. Aurora with mouth agape and only mustering a shake in her head. She stood there helplessly. 

Regulus had a final flash of regret in his eyes whilst Aurora let out a heart-clenching shriek as she finally gave her last breath. Remus had almost tears in his eyes as he had to relive his sister's unfortunate destiny. He pulled out his wand, ready to cast the spell so that Tris did not look at the ghastly sight in front of her. She mustered to spill the spell softly, with tears in welled up in her eyes. A single tear found its way towards the crevice of her cheek.

 She watched as the boggart turned into a birthday party where her parents were making awful dad jokes. Tris's eyes lit up in amusement, and Remus looked up towards the scene, he nodded, clearly impressed that Beatrice had mustered the strength to reverse the gut-wrenching scene. 

He said, "Impeccable, fear of pressure. Well done Ms. Black. Please I would like a word after class is over". 

As she scurried back, Cedric slung his arm around her waist, kissed my forehead and said, "It's over now, you did great". 

He kept murmuring sweet comfort words into my hair. She melted into his arms, relishing on the comfort and warmth they provided. 

She could not believe Ced's bravery and selflessness. He had just watched his greatest fear develop right front of him, and yet there he was comforting her. She turned to him and kissed his cheek, were her lips lingered for a couple of seconds.