42

Sirius visited with Nymphadora and Teddy, but never Remus. The first time she ever held Teddy she had cried. She held him as silent tears cascaded down her face. She held the baby with so much love and gentleness that had Bill oozing in awe. 

Sirius came behind Bill, clasping a hand on his shoulder, "I know when you first look at them growing it's glorious, never had the chance myself but I saw James with Harry and Remus with Teddy. He should be here talking to you instead of me, but he admitted he was a fool and is too scared to come here". 

Bill as he watched the sight in marvel and sighed, "I thought so too, Sirius. What he said was wrong. If I were in his same position I wouldn't have insinuated things like that, just watch carefully instead. If he ever did love her, why say such things? I had to hold her in her nightmares because Remus and you called her a soulless monster, guess the nightmares are not in her dreams anymore", 

Sirius sighed and held this temple. Remus had royally and utterly fucked up with Beatrice. It wasn't something she could forgive easily. He had literally insinuated that she had no self-control and that she would be even so far from it that it would her Teddy- her godson. 

Tonks let Beatrice carry Teddy and coddle him with hugs and laughs. The older Auror knew that she posed no threat, and would never lose control with Teddy. She taught the woman and trusted her enough. She was still livid at Remus. How could he? He had hurt the person he loved as a daughter after traumatic events. He had no place to do that. It was her son too, and she had no doubt his godmother- Beatrice- would ever hurt him. 

"You know he did not mean it, Tris. He was just afraid. He doesn't know how to handle it well. He thought of himself as a threat, and he just wants to protect Teddy", Tonks tried to say. 

The younger woman stopped bouncing Teddy in her lap and sighed, "Tonks, I appreciate you trying to talk to me, but its something he needs to do. I will not cower away if he needs to talk. War is unpredictable. We can all die today or tomorrow. My last regret would be not mending things with the man that raised me like his daughter. He has to come and apologize. I am done being the one always reaching out, or always having to put effort. I can't even leave these wards yet. Not until I figure out every new ability that I unlocked when I opened Morgana's manacles". 

Tonks sighed and reminded, "Tris, you are no monster. Whatever Remus said that day, it's not true. I know you. Even if you killed Greyback or Bellatrix, remember that either way you had to do it with your wand if you were ever an Auror. I also have killed death eaters, and all I ever think is about my son. I am making a better place for him. For you to raise your kids with Bill. For me to have my happily ever after with Remus". 

Beatrice sighed, handing Teddy back. She knew that she had to talk to Remus soon. She needed to mend things over, even if he wasn't the one apologizing. 

Tonks hugged her with one arm tightly. Beatrice pressed a long kiss to Teddy's forehead and held Sirius tightly. Sirius only clasped the woman in a protective manner. 

"Talk to Moony, Tris. Let's forget this ever happened. You both are miserable without each other", he whispered. 

She nodded. Soon. She would do it soon enough. 

They dissaparated and she sighed, slumping in Bill's chest. Bill pressed a kiss in her hair, letting her relish in his comfort. 

Last night, both twins and Charlie were stationed somewhere else, leaving only the pair at Shell Cottage. 

Before even turning to prepare lunch, there was a crack. Bill pushed her behind him as he raised his arm with his wand, ready to launch a spell. 

Dobby. He'd come with Luna Lovegood, Garrick Ollivander and a Goblin.