Chapter 9

“I am the emperor of chen dynasty. My name is wen chang.” He gave her his full introduction unaware of the depth of what he had just said.

To say she was shocked would be a huge understatement. Her face went white when said his name. fortunately, though she was turned away from wen chang so he didn’t see the ghostly pale reflection of her. Unaware of the bomb he had just set off, he continued speaking.

“you can call me wen wen, though. It’s been a long time since someone called me that. I miss it.”

Unable to wrap her head around what she had just heard, she found herself unable to continue the conversation. I need to get away from here right now, she thought to herself.

Turning back to wen chang, she gave him the next batch of medicine, one that he wasn’t originally supposed to have for another hour but hard times call for drastic measures.

“here, drink this. It will help regulate your constitution and you will rest easy tonight.”

She watched as he finished the bowl and quietly placed a sleeping spell on him. Taking the bowl from his hand, she placed it on the table and helped him to the bed. Moments later, he was out cold.
Now I need to get some answers, she told herself. Leaving her hut, she went further deep into the forest. Once in a safe secluded place, she sent out a call with her aura. She knew he would be around here somewhere. If that man in her house was donghua than he would not be too far away. And her doubts proved true indeed.

Seconds later, si ming appeared in front of her. He curtsied, “star lord, si ming greets queen of quing qui, bai feng jiu.”

“you want to tell me what is going on star lord?”

“I don’t know what you are asking, your majesty.”

“oh is that right? Then I guess I can only go ask heavenly lord since this matter relates to the realms’ safety after all.” she smiled sweetly but with an ice cold face. Turning around, she pretended to leave but before she could take even one step, si ming kowtowed behind her hitting his forehead on the hard ground beneath.

“forgive me, your majesty. Please forgive me.”

“you can stop now. twice is enough. Now start talking.” She ordered coldly. Under normal circumstances, si ming was a dear friend to her, but right now, she was furious at him for keeping this from her.

Bewared of her the anger rolling off of her in waves, he told her everything from the beginning. He told her about dijun going into seclusion right after her and coming back 600 years later just to find her gone with no clues how to find her. He explained how hard he had tried to find her but to no avail.

“since, none of the conventional measures turned up fruitful. He turned towards the old method of hit and try. He started combing through the mortal worlds one by one, piece by piece. You may not know but sifting through a mortal world takes up a lot of cultivation of an immortal. A normal immortal would not have lasted more than 100 mortal worlds but since this is dijun we are talking about over the past 400 years, he sifted through 400,000 mortal words before he collapsed. Use of so much cultivation continuously for such a tenuous task had left his primordial spirit so badly damaged that it took to the mortal realm to recover itself on its own.” He finished, finally daring to look up at her.

“he…. He was looking for me?” she stammered.

“yes, your majesty.”

“why didn’t he stop after seeing the toll it was taking on his health?”

“his sole focus was on finding you, your highness. and we both know once he sets his mind on something, nothing can change it.”

“but… but why … why is he wen chang?”