Chapter 62

In the middle of the night, feng jiu felt something disturbing her rest. She tried to avoid it and continued sleeping but whatever it was it kept poking and prodding. Sitting up on the bed, she pushed out her hands to throw off whoever was disturbing her. Still caught up in the sleepy spell, it took her a few minutes to realize that she was completely alone in her chambers. The room was exactly as it had been when she had gone to sleep. Centering and regulating her breath, she tried to find out what was the disturbance that she had felt. It took her mere moments to realize the source of the problem.

Someone was banging on her shields around qing qui. The poking she had felt had come from there. alarmed at the fact, she immediately sent off a missive to migu to search out who was trying to force his way into qing qui. She quickly climbed out of bed and dressed for the possible audience.

As she walked out of her room, she found Zhong lin and si ming murmuring hurriedly to each other in the hall. Crossing her arms in front of her, she loudly cleared her throat to get their attention.

The two men, however, jumped up in fright. Feng jiu stamped down on the chuckle that rose up as she addressed the two guilty looking faces, "what brings you to my house, star lord? in the middle of the night, might I add."

"I...I..." si ming stuttered.

"answer me, star lord."

"I came to find dijun, your majesty."

"and why would you need to find my husband at this hour?"

"an emergency came up, your majesty."

"explain the emergency, star lord."

She watched as instead of answering her, si ming began looking at Zhong lin out of the corner of his eyes. It was apparent that he was looking for some way out as he continued to wait for some cues from Zhong lin.

Shaking her head, feng jiu hardened her voice further as she commanded, "that was an order, star lord."

The fidgeting hands stopped as si ming began, "your majesty... a war has broken out."

"elaborate." She said in a deathly silent voice.

"a couple of hours earlier, a demon army started attacking all parts of the realms. We don't know how it happened but suddenly every kingdom, clan, and coven was under attack. the attack on sky kingdom failed because of your shields but when they were unable to get inside the heavens, the demons set up a base near the ruoshi river bank. The only place that had been safe from the attack was qing qui. Everyone thought it was because of the presence of dijun so, ye hua tianjun, sent me here to call for him."

"It isn't." feng jiu muttered as she again felt the banging on her shields.

"your majesty?" si ming questioned, indicating to feng jiu that he had heard what she had said.

"qing qui isn't the exception to the war anymore. Just like you got to know about dong hua's absence. I infer the demons got a hint of it too. They have been banging against the qing qui shields for almost an hour now. that is what woke me up." feng jiu explained before she herded si ming further, "continue what you were saying."

"yes, your majesty. Since dijun isn't here I was going to find his highness, lian song but Zhong lin told me he too isn't available, right now. the demon army is wreaking havoc out there and it has become difficult for the celestial army to break out in pieces and fight them off. Though his majesty, ye hua tianjun has controlled the spread to his very best, the demon army is spread out far and wide in huge numbers. I would now have to find the war god mo yuan, medicine god zhe yan, and the fox emperor bai zhi."