Chapter 45

After donghua had left for taichen palace, feng jiu was dragged to a luxurious and exotic bath. Her mother instructed her to keep soaking until one of them returned to retrieve her. Her directions were clear, feng jiu was to relax and nourish her body in the bath before the events of the day set in. Adhering to the instructions she had been given, she submerged herself in the water to her neck, rested her head on the edge of the bath and fell asleep. It was a couple of hours later, that she was woken up by her aunt. Snuggled into a soft robe, she was taken back to her room to get dressed.

As they went, feng jiu took in the appearance of bai qian in the forest green and white robes, embroidered with intertwined foxes and dragons. The colors were representative of qingqui that all her family would be bound to wear but the design on her dress was entirely bai qian, as she flaunted her and ye hua's relationship. Giggling at the flamboyant display of affection, feng jiu cheekily told her aunt, "gugu, uncle ye hua is definitely going to like your dress."

Chuckling, bai qian teased back, "xaio jiu, tell me that again, tomorrow if you are able to stand straight on your legs, after tonight. I have seen your dress and while yehua is going to like mine, dijun will completely lose his senses over yours." Easy to blush, feng jiu turned red at the insinuation.

Bai qian laughed as she dried her off and started with her dress. She picked up the maroon inner robe which was made of the most delicate lace and put it on feng jiu, tightening it up a notch to ensure that it hugged each one of her curves perfectly. Then came the main inner crimson red dress. This long dress was made of the finest and softest qingqui silk which shone every time the light hit it and had a mile-long train. Crossing it up in the front, bai qian secured the knot before picking up the final outer robe. The outer robe was a dark ruby red color but the material was of an extremely fine and nearly translucent net. With a golden high collar and long floating sleeves, the delicate thin net of the robe was covered with exquisite embroidery. In the swirls of dark ruby red, elegant embroidery hid little messages that feng jiu had artfully concealed in its design. Only if seen with a very careful eye could one notice the loving names donghua called her and every promise he had made to her, written in the embroidery on her robe. And that wasn't the only unique design of this robe, on the front of her robe, right down the middle, was the design of a blood-red nine-tailed fox intertwined around a branch of purple foling flowers that spread out to form a circular wreathe around the fox in the middle. The design was so tastefully done that it entranced the viewer with its elegance and beauty. Feng jiu had personally designed the entire wedding outfit with careful precision.

Done with the dress, bai qian sat her down in front of the dresser and did her face in a soft yet sensuous look. Setting up her hair in an elaborate style, on top of her head, bai qian started placing the golden phoenix coronet on her head. The coronet was made entirely of gold and was inlaid with rubies of different sizes and styles. It was a multi-structured headpiece that didn't sit too long on top or too wide at the sides. The multiple pieces were arranged so carefully that while they formed a delicate crown at the front, they also spread at the back in the form of a golden halo. The delicate and flimsy golden chains that hung from the coronet fell down like a golden waterfall at the back, while in the front, sparsely spread, they hung a couple of inches away from feng jiu's face because of the little night pearls attached at their bottom. With bold black eyes and sinful red lips, this golden coronet framed her face in a majestic yet voluptuous manner that enhanced her innate beauty to a transcendental level.

With the bridal outfit fully adorned, bai qian led feng jiu out into the great hall. Her whole family watched with their breaths stuck in their lungs as feng jiu glided out and towards them. Even in a complete bridal ensemble, she looked no less like a queen. Instead, her demeanor had seemed to change completely with her dress. She carried herself with the grace of a queen, something that she usually forgets because of her lively nature.