Chapter 30

After donghua, feng jiu and mo yuan came back, the disciples took their leave and everyone subsequently settled for the breakfast that had been interrupted earlier.

Done with the meal, everyone started dispersing in order to attend to their tasks. As such, donghua turned to fengjiu, "xaio bai, I need to discuss some important matters with lian song and si ming, will you be alright in the meanwhile?"

Feng jiu squeezed the cold hand she held in her warm one and said reassuringly, "I will be perfectly fine, don't worry about me. Go, attend to your tasks, if you want, you can use my study to hold your meetings. No one will disturb you there. Meanwhile, I think I'll get on with the training we talked about earlier."

"Okay, my love. Call for me, when you need me okay."

Nodding her head in confirmation, she pushed donghua in direction of her study.

As he left, he summoned lian song and si ming for a meeting.

Donghua entered and settled down in feng jiu's study, while Zhong lin attended to his needs and arranged for tea and a set of go for him.

Moments later, lian song and si ming appeared as Zhong lin left, bowing, they greeted donghua.

"take a seat, you two." Donghua said as he started playing go alone, against himself.

"now, start from the beginning and don't leave anything out." He commanded.

Nodding their heads, the two generals, began explaining from the time he had fainted to the search for his spirit, how they had found him, the unusual circumstances that surrounded his fate in the mortal realm.

At this point, si ming conjured wen chang's life scroll and presented it to dijun. While dijun read the scroll, he continued explaining,

"as a mortal this time, your majesty had a very serene life, if I may say so. There were no serious trials, as weird as it sounds. Even in death, wen chang was said to have expired in an accidental fire with his little queen by his side, leaving behind a strong and stable kingdom for his eldest son who honored and expanded the legacy left behind by his father."

"elaborate on the death that you speak of." Donghua directed.

Si ming further explained the scenario of the demon attack on the sky kingdom and what it had entailed, to finding wen chang under the spirit eviscerating spell and the way the young fox queen had handled it.

"If I may be so bold, your majesty, when I found your spirit locked and disintegrating, I had given up hope. As without the god of war, there existed no one without the knowledge on undoing that particular spell, as per what your majesty told me. But watching her majesty, I saw something extraordinary at that moment. She seemed to have retreated within herself but few moments later, when her conscience returned, an azure blue ray of light appeared at your majesty's forehead and it grew to overtake the whole body but when it sealed and cleared, your majesty's original immortal form appeared in the place of the mortal form."

As donghua heard this particular set of events, it caused him abundant surprise and pride. His precious xaio bai had not only undone one of the most complex spells ever placed but she had also done with absolutely no harm to his immortal self; this caused his chest to expand with pride for her. At the same time, the fact that at such a young age, she had been able to harness such extreme power with no help from her primordial spirit at that time was astounding. As for the little matter of her knowledge of that spell, he was sure, mo yuan would be the one to explain that to him. He ordered si ming to continue.

After si ming had completed with events of the mortal world and her majesty's order to stay there till dijun woke up, lian song took over for the next part. Lian song expounded upon the reports, he had received on the happenings at the border of sky kingdom that day. With utter glee, he delightfully reported, how her majesty had single-handedly trapped the entire demonic army between two vicious red shields that had laid rest to the whole army without anyone being the wiser. He then went on to explain the taunts and insults the young queen had flung at the ancient demon, expertly trapping him in a circle of spirit fire and when the demon had fruitlessly tried to gain the upper hand, she had seemingly retrieved some hidden power from herself rendering him to nothingness.