Chapter 56

After making a quick escape from the celestial palace, lian song and cheng yu made their way to qingqui. They didn't want to loiter around the celestial heavens and give hao de another chance to target them. Wising up they understood that no matter what was waiting for them in Qing qui, it was bound to be better than the traps hao de is going to lay out for them. Again, they thought, it was feng jiu who had called them, her whole essence was based on love, she would only congratulate them for this. So, hoping for the best, they appeared outside the fox den.

The door opened to reveal migu, the fox den steward. Bowing, he greeted them both, before he guided them inside. He took them to feng jiu's study. Walking inside the study, they looked around only to find it empty.

"her majesty is busy in the kitchen. She will be with you in a minute. Please, take a seat, have some tea, and make yourselves comfortable till then." Migu explained before he walked out leaving them alone. They watched each other's faces, trying to figure out what was going on. Unable to reach a conclusion, they quietly took their seats in front of the tea table and waited for feng jiu.

Few minutes later, feng jiu came strolling in with a plate in her hand. Settling down in her seat on the other side of the tea-table, she put down the plate on the table between them. On the plate were several pieces of a minty green pastry with a core in the midst. Pushing the plate a little towards them, she said, "it is called the lily love cake, I made it especially for the both of you. I wanted to celebrate you two finally getting together. It's been a tough ride for you."

Cheng yu gave a shy smile while lian song beamed with pride at feng jiu's comment. Feng jiu made them both tea to go along with their cakes. After pouring their teas, she quietly got up and moved towards the work table tucked in the corner of the room. They watched as she opened and closed several drawers, grabbed and mixed a few things, before putting it all away. After she was done with whatever she had started, feng jiu again walked towards them and sat down in her seat opposite them. She put down a small transparent vial in front of lian song. The vial seemed to contain a clear liquid in it that was held inside with the help of a cork. After examining the vial, Lian song looked up at her puzzled.

With a small smile on her face, she spoke, "I don't know what you did that has diminished your cultivation so much and I won't ask. But your aura is really weak right now. This replenishing serum will help you recuperate and cultivate twice as fast. Take two drops with your tea every day and you should be back to full cultivation in a weeks' time."

Lian song was touched by her attention and care. He had always known that feng jiu was a warm and caring woman at heart but he had never been on the receiving side of that care. He felt unequipped on handling such compassion and care, unbridled with the want of anything in return. He felt himself getting clammed up as he bowed, "thank you so much, your majesty.

"don't stand on ceremonies, lian song. It is just us three, here. Call me feng jiu, or xaio jiu, whichever one you feel more comfortable with. If you won't, I will also start referring to you as third prince. You wouldn't like that, will you?" Feng jiu arched an eyebrow at him mischievously. While she meant what she had said, she had also been trying to lighten up the gloomy mood that surrounded her two friends. But her casual remark had backfired. Instead of brightening up, lian song seemed more lost.

With a painful undertone to his words, he remarked, "I don't even hold that title, anymore. It wouldn't be prudent for you to refer to me by that rank."

"you are wrong there, third prince. I know everything that happened in the court today and from what I remember, your sentence excluded your ranks and powers. Uncle ye hua only ceased your rights to live and earn in the sky kingdom, everything else under your name still remains as yours. From what little I understand of the celestial laws, ranks, power and wealth can only be removed if it is stripped by the ruler or forsaken by the person himself. Since you two come under neither option, I concur that you still hold equal ownership of all three." She watched the two with meaningful eyes, trying to help them come to terms with the reality of the situation. As she watched them comprehend her words, she prodded a little further.