Chapter 25

As bai zhi and zhe yan left his side, dong hua focused solely on the container. He walked in its direction and stopped shy of a few feet. Just like his, the power inside the container was equally enormous, he mused. Dong hua, then extended his recently increased cultivation towards the container and enveloped it fully. He could feel the struggle of the merged powers that were wrapped around it. Their grip was slipping and the second he had successfully taken hold of the container; he felt the merge break and cultivations were retrieved rapidly.

With the absolute control over the container, dong hua poked his aura inside it. As his aura spread, he could feel xaio bai's consciousness. Since the bond had been reformed, he could sense an unending well of power in her and in him, too. The powers were identical to each other and because of their re-forged bond, they were fully compatible. It was no surprise to him, that mo yuan and others had barely held the container from breaking, as it was only his spirit and cultivation that can truly manage the flow of xaio bai's powers. Now with his aura surrounding her, he could sense that she was on the edge of wakefulness but something was causing hindrance here. I would just have to urge her to come back to me, now, he deliberated. Since her mind hadn't woken up, he would have to call out to her. But before he could begin waking xaio bai up, he looked back to make sure that everyone was secured and that their protective shield was in place. Once that was confirmed, he called to her, "xaio bai, wake up now. I am here and I am not leaving without you. I have missed you so, xaio bai. Come back to me, love."

Feng jiu didn't know what had happened, all she could feel was boundations all around her. She was trying to make sense of this, when she heard dong hua's voice. He was calling to her and with so much love in his voice. But hearing, that he had missed her and was waiting for her, made her anxious to get to him. She started to struggle against whatever was binding her, now actively trying to get to him.

Dong hua's call had worked. He could now feel her mind fully awake and running. So, this time, he spoke in her mind, "xaio bai?"

"dong hua, are you really here? Or am I just imagining it?"

"I am really here, xaio bai. Come back to me, love. I am waiting for you."

"what-what did you call me?"

"I love you, xaio bai."

"you-you do?"

"yes, xaio bai. You are the only one for me, my little fox. I am sorry, I pushed you away. But please don't punish me like this. Don't leave me behind. My little love, please come back to me."

"no, dijun, no. I am not punishing you. I want to run back to you so much but something is holding me back. I don't know what it is but I can't move, something is binding me."

"resist it, xaio bai. I know you can do it. My little fox is so strong and so brave. Come back to me, love. It hurts without you."

That was everything she needed to hear. Dijun loved her and he hurt without her, that was what she had been waiting to hear for so long. 'But she can't hurt him, not now, not when he was finally hers', with this thought in mind, feng jiu pushed against her bonds with everything she had. And then she heard a chain break in the background, releasing her to her dong hua.

The group standing underneath the protective shield were oblivious to what was happening on the other side of the valley. They stood under a twenty-six layered shield, one layer created by each of the immortals' present, and watched waiting for the next sequence of events. As they waited, they suddenly heard, the former ruler of heaven and earth, dong hua dijun call out to the young fox queen with such loving words and earnest voice, even they could feel the depth of his emotions from it. Dazed they looked on to see what effect his words would bring, and not a few moments later, the container started vibrating. They thought, his words must have taken effect because the next second, it exploded.