Chapter 13

Xaio jiu was getting worried about wen chang now. for the past year, his sole focus had been on having a child with her. He had made them try every medicine, potion, tonic, soup, diet, and exercise. Anything someone told him, he made them do it. and that was not all, he had been going to every healer or priest he could find and taking her along. Even though everyone thought this was just his love for her shining through, she knew that such single-minded focus prevents rational judgment and could create problems in the future.  She had been trying to contain him to one priest or healer in a week but it was getting harder to do so day by day.
Like this morning, she had heard that he went to meet another priest. She waited, knowing a summons would be coming for her very soon and by late afternoon, it came. She had already been ready and set out to meet him immediately. Exasperated at the aspect of another day wasted, she just wished for it to be over so she can go back home with her husband soon.   

A little while later, she arrived at a Taoist temple. Her carriage and guard stopped at the gate telling her they were not allowed inside the grounds, his majesty's order. Nodding, she got out and walked to the temple. 

 When she entered, she saw wen chang talking to a priest with such a delighted expression as if he had found the world's most prized treasure. As she reached him, he held her hand and told her about the priest. He went on and on about how he had helped so many people before and how he was willing to help them too. As he droned on about the priest's accomplishments, she thought something looked off about the priest. Not finding anything particular, she chalked it up to him being another fake. Over the year, they had encountered a few of them but she never had the heart to tell wen chang about it. she would use her sword to scare them out of their minds and ran them out of the country. Wen chang just chalked it up to another failed attempt. She thought she would have to scare off one more but for now she would play along with his act.
She kept nodding her head with wen chang's statement. After he was done, the priest took them to his workroom and told them to lie down. She kept up with the ruse and did as the priest directed them. Lying down, he told them to close their eyes and meditate for a while. But as she closed her eyes she felt him place a sleeping spell on her. Though it was not a strong spell as mo yuan had taught her to undo, ones hundred times stronger than this one, something was absolutely wrong here. A Taoist priest should not be able to do such magic. 

While she was mulling this over to understand what was going on, a lot of things happened at once.  The priest started chanting spells, a demonic aura surrounded the room and the whole temple caught fire. As the demonic aura gave him away, she opened her eyes and slashed his face off his shoulder with her tao zhu sword. She formed a protective shield around them. She looked down at wen chang and took him inside her aura. Taking in his body, she went over the spell the priest was chanting and discovered that it was a spirit controlling spell but one she hadn't heard of before. She channeled her aura through his body to find his spirit there but locked away. She started going through the spell deconstruction magic to find the base and power of this spell. She thought that if she could find what this spell was used to do, she could then find a counter to it 

As she started deconstructing the spell, she found that wen chang had been under the spell for a few hours now and she had stopped the demon just when he was about to put a completion on it. still not understanding what the spell had been used for, she lost herself in trying to find a way to undo it 

While she was lost in finding a solution, si ming arrived at the burning temple, hastily looking for the little princess. He could feel her magic in here but could not see her. He did not want to waste even a single second more, so he started tracing her aura inside the temple. The trace bought him to a workroom of sorts but still he could not see her. He could feel her presence from the trace but nothing else was visible in this fire. Thinking about the possibility of a protective shield, he tried to undo the shields in this room. But his magic bounced off the shield that was surely in the room. Surprised at the strength of her shield, he tried again and again. every time his magic would bounce off the shield.  Even though he was confused about the sudden strength in her magic, he had no time left to waste. He needed to get her attention now if he can't undo her protective shield and the only way, he could think of now was to blast her shield continuously with his aura. Si ming started sending blasts after blasts of his aura on her shield. A couple of blasts later, the shield expanded and he was pulled inside it. 

Entering her shield, he took stock of the situation in front of him. The little princess was sitting with her aura covering wen changes body and deconstructing the spell he was under. While a small part of his brain registered the high caliber magic, she was using, his emotions took hold of him as the realization struck that he had been too late. He had run so fast looking for them everywhere, trying to find them but in the end, he had been too late. No one could help dong hua now. he was dying and he did not know how he was going to tell Feng jiu about it.

_________________________________________
A/n

I hope you end this chapter with an "oh fuck!"

thank you for reading.