[Chapter 2]

His dear Senku-chan looked visibly perplexed...

"Ah... I guess I'll have to show you then... Sen-ku-cha-n." Gen sighed.

"Sh-?!"

Interrupted by Gen's lips, he was taken by surprise so much that he quickly broke the kiss and backed away.

"Oh.. I was planning on making out longer... what a shame~"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Senku shouted while backing away so much as to end up laying over the back wall, blushing and covering his lips with his hand.

"It's nothing more than a way to show my love for you though..?~ I told you I'd show you if you didn't believe me~" he chuckled.

-----

In a moment, the mood had completely changed. Senku began to calm down a bit, and after a few seconds of silence a nod of agreement led to the idea to talk it out. They sat down enjoying the view just like before, and this time Gen wanted to properly deliver his message to his beloved scientist.

He started... "Listen, what I said before is true. I really think I'm in love with you. Real feelings... I know I know its weird and all..." he said while looking down and slightly blushing for the first time tonight.

"..."

"As I told you before... I have been rather fond of you from before even meeting you. And after I did meet you... well... you know the rest.. oh god this really is cringy but I just want you to finally get it"

Senku chuckled. "You're being really ew now... so that means you really do love me, uh... well... that's a problem I guess" he explained, frustrated.

"A problem..?" Gen mumbled disappointed.

"This is really not the moment for dating around, you know? We will soon start our war with the Tsukasa Empire and there's no time to waste... You should just forget it" Senku explained with a stone face.

Gen looked taken aback but pushed on. "I'm sure a bit of distraction never hurt anyone~" he whispered in Senku's ear after getting closer and closer and putting his hand on his chest.

Senku looked away trying to get distracted. "Now is not the moment.. after we win the war I might think about it so shut it"

"...You might think about it? Does that mean you like me too, Senku-chan?~" Gen asked in serious surprise. "To me it sounds like your only reason to reject me is Tsukasa-chan~ Of course I would be lucky if that was the case~" He joked around.

Gen casually looked into his eyes, only to find Senku staring straight back at him, his stare confessing his interest.

"Oh."

To be continued...