[Chapter 18]

Gen knew they fucked up but he tried to change the subject anyway. "Oh, Chrome-chan!~ ...What brings you here..? W-we-"

"..what's going on?" Chrome asked once again, interrupting Gen. His face still showing a slightly shocked expression.

"Erm............ Senku, say something" Gen turned his head around, asking for help with his eyes.

"It was 10 billion percent obvious something like this was going to happen, I'm surprised a sly mentalist like you couldn't tell"

"Say something more useful, won't you..." Gen sighed. From that moment on he already gave up on Senku's support and decided to say it alone. "Chrome-chan..? The thing is... me and Senku..."

"Y-you what?"

Senku smirked. "When two people love each other very very much-"

"ARGHH I DON'T NEED THAT KIND OF EXPLANATION" Chrome shouted while quickly moving his hands to his ears and running away without hesitation.

"Senku, my dear, you didn't have to tease him so much" Gen calmly said as he smiled while watching Chrome go.

Senku crossed his arms. "He'll come back" he grinned.

Gen looked at him a bit concerned. "..you're having fun aren't you"

"GUYS" Chrome came back shouting.

"What?" They both answered at the same time while turning towards him.

"DON'T WORRY I WON'T TELL ANYONE! THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR"

"Uh?" They weren't exactly expecting that turn of events.

"There's no need to do th-" Gen tried to explain but he was cut off by Chrome's scream while running back outside, not listening to whatever they had to say. "...I guess it doesn't matter".

-----------------------------

In the following days Chrome glanced at the both of them whenever he could, showing a thumbs up and winking every time.

To be continued...