Prologue

Months after Mika left

Bose's p.o.v

School ended about 2 weeks ago and i haven't left my bedroom or talked to anyone outside of my home ever since. I was very bored so i decided it was time to clear out my phone. I laid in bed and started scrolling through my camera roll.

Delete

Delete

Delete

Delet-

I stop scrolling as a lumped formed in my throat. It was a picture of Mika and i at the museum. We were reenacting a picture. I swallowed the lump and as much as it hurt i had to keep scrolling.

KNOCK KNOCK. 

I jumped at the sudden noise. I put my phone down and peeked over at the window. It was Chapa? What was she doing here? i haven't spoken to her in weeks. I hesitated but I opened the window. She climbed off the tree and into my bedroom. "Um, hello i guess," I greeted confused. She stood before me with a bag in her hand. 

She sat on the floor and started unloading the bag. Is she okay? i thought i told her i didn't wanna be friends with her. "I got mint chocolate ice cream, raging red rebar fritters, and spunky blast slushies", She pointed to the stuff. I gave her an even more confusing look. I looked at her eyes and she looked tired and sad. Even though i was mad at her i hated seeing her like that. I took a seat with her on the floor. 

We were silent for minutes as we sipped our slushies and looked at each other. "I'm sorry Bose, i know it hurts," She sympathetically touched my knee. "It feels like just yesterday Mika and i could have faced the world," I admitted. I missed her so so very much. I felt like my heart was numb. I clenched my Jaw and that's when i broke down in tear. Chapa immediately comforted me as i sobbed on her shoulder.

I saw no point in crying. Mika's gone and i can't get her back.

Mika's p.o.v

I sumped in the backseat of the car with my headphones pretending not to hear the conversation my parents were having in the front seat. From the corner of my eye Miles was still sleeping. I watched as my Dad pulled up to my new school. They had to get us registered during the summer and forced us to come along. I looked at the window as we kept driving. I peeped my mom peeking over at me with that worried look on her face. I lowered my music because i knew they were about to start talking about me. 

"She has not been the same since we left swellview, Herman," Mom told him. "She just needs to get out more, she just misses her friends, Angelea," Dad claimed. What friends? "Yeah, she did seem to be getting pretty close to that Bose kid," Mom remembered. I immediately put my music up at the mention of him. My heart couldn't take it. 

I looked down at my phone and there was the picture Bose and i took at the museum. We were reenacting a picture. I wiped a tear from my eye. 

I don't think I'll ever see Bose again. I just don't know whether that's a good thing or not.