I'm Here

Epilogue from the last chapter of 'DF: Modern Day Romeo and Juliet *A Bomika Story*

Bose's p.o.v

....

I look to see her and i froze. She was walking toward me as the teacher was introducing her. She took a seat next to me. "So everyone give a nice warm welcome back to Mika Taylor," The teacher announced. I was still frozen.

"Hi Bose," She smiled.

"Mika?" i managed to say.

"Wanna get some froyo after school?" She asked as if i nothing happened. She saw the look on my face. Was it really her?

"I guess the universe works in mysterious ways," She smiled.

"No kidding," I said in awe. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks Before

Mika's p.o.v

I nearly had a heart attack when My Dad told Miles and I that we were moving back to Swelleview. "Yes! i missed that place so much," Miles cheered. We were going back? This can't be? We leave Seattle in a week and my stomach turned at the thought.

 Bose's p.o.v

School starts in 2 weeks and this summer has been the longest summer of my life! I was out with Jacob and David because they invited me to play laser tag. The music was pretty loud so it was pretty hard to focus.  "Bam!" I heard David cheered and my vest started to glow red. "No fair," i groaned. "Don't hate the player, hate the game," Jacob fist-bumped David.

Flashback

"You cheated," Mika laughed as she struggled to get on the trampoline. I jumped over to help her get on. "Don't hate the player, hate the game," i quoted. 

End of Flashback.

I tightly closed my at the memory. "Hey man, you okay?" David asked. I nodded and gave them a small smile. "Come guys let's play another round," I tried to change the subject.

The night before school

Chapa's p.o.v

I laid in bed groaning and whining about having to go back to school tomorrow. Brainstorm and i just came from fighting crime with Captain Man. It was hard fighting without Shoutout and Awol for the past year but we got used to it. Last school year felt so weird yet comforting. Bose and i didn't hang around nearly as many people as we did the year before. 2 semesters ago we were at the top of the school and we still are but it's not the same. I remembered eating lunch with Miles. I missed him. I wonder what's going on with him now. 

Miles p.o.v

Mika and i go back to Swellview High tomorrow and i can tell she is anxious. I know she's still upset about leaving her best friend Emma. She didn't tell me much of what happened on her last day here but she came home covered in food. Mika and i had to see Ray at some point to tell him the news. He and Schwoz checked up on us and trained us virtually since we moved they figured we could be Seattle's heroes. I was excited and nervous at the same time because i didn't keep in contact with anyone ever since i moved. Maybe Dylan but that's about it. I know how hard it was for Mika here but over the last years she's had a major personality change. In a good scary way. 

I reached for my lamp and turned the light off.

Next Day

Mika's p.o.v

"Hurry up," Miles opened the door to my room with his backpack. "I'm coming," I rolled my eyes. I can't believe I'm going back there. At Centrum High back in Seattle i actually had friends! it was so nice and a big change for me and now it was all gone. I begged my parents to send me to another school but any other school was too far. I faced the mirror. This isn't going to be like last time, i told myself.

What if i saw him today. Do we just pick up where we left off? Do we forget the past? Will he even talk to me? For god sake the last time we saw each other i was sobbing, covered in food, angry and he still KISSED ME. COME ON MIKA GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD. This time could be different, you're a new Mika, your a better Mika. "Mika Taylor you are going to have to catch the bus if you don't move faster," My Mom threatened. "Coming!" I shouted back. I grabbed my backpack, books, and ran through the Door.

Bose's p.o.v

I took my headsets off as i saw my parents pull up to the side of the school. "Have a good first day of school love," My mom blew as kiss as i got out the car. "Good luck kiddo," My step-dad waved. "Later, love you," I disclosed. I popped my collar and stretched my shoulders. I watched as students we're all greeting each other after not seeing each other for about 2 months. Here we go. 

"Hey Bose," Abbie greeted from away. I waved back.

"Bose man", Derke high fived me and kept walking with a group of friends.

I walked as everyone kept waving and calling out my name. 

"Hi Bose," Said a familiar voice. I turned my head a little to see Olivia. I gave her a head nod without any expression. Didn't wanna go back there.

I walked into the building to look for my locker. "First day of school," Chapa groaned by my locker. "Trust me, i hate this more than you,"I groaned harder at my best friend. We looked at each other's schedules. I watched Olivia AGAIN walk by and she threw me a smile, a friendly smile. I haven't talked to her in about a year but that didn't stop her from trying. "See you 3 rd period," Chapa threw up a peace sign. We did our best friend handshake then went our sperate ways.

Mika's p.o.v

As i walked the halls of Swellview High i started getting flashbacks. Good and Bad. People recognized Miles as just a regular student who once went here and me as the girl who got food dumped on her for trying to 'steal' somebody's boyfriend. I prayed i wouldn't see anyone from my past but of course, i saw a few. 

I walked to honors algebra and i was so thankful because that is one place none of the idiots i knew would be. As i was walking i recognized someone. I lump formed in my throat, Olivia....

I went to the nearest bathroom to hide. I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was a guy. He pointed to a sign and OMG I WAS IN THE BOYS BATHROOM. I quickly scrammed once the coast was clear.