I'm Losing You

Chapa's p.o.v

I was in Boses living room waiting for him to come down so we can head over to the carnival for Cap Con. I still can't believe Ray convinced the school to let our entire class spend a day at the Fair. But hey, I'm not complaining. "Okay let's go," Bose announced as he came down the stairs running his fingers through his hair. Bose got a small hair cut a couple of days ago and it really suits him. I could have sworn he did for Mika ever since that day she stood him up but every time i brought it up he would start talking about me and Miles sort of date. 

He's acting like Mika standing him up wasn't bothering him but trust me, it was. "Promise you'll keep your cool?" I eyed him. "Of course," He scoffed. I watched as he opened the door to escort us out. Bose was as soft as cheesecake but believe it or not, he could have a little bit of a temper. One time in kindergarten Robbie Goldfeder took his favorite kiwi flavored juice box and Bose almost beat the crap out of him, Never have i seen a kid so angry over a juice box. That's when i knew we were going to be good friends.

Bose's p.o.v

When Chapa and i got to the carnival Miles joined us in helping set up Captain Mans Booth. He promised to give us 10 bucks each and a picture but being the smart guy i am i only wanted the picture. Two students walked past us and one of the kids threw away a sticker of Captain Man from there cookie. Ray in his Captain Man suit gasped. "Hey! how dare you, get back here you little brats," He went after them. Classic Ray. "We'll get him," Miles nodded his head over for Chapa to join him. 

As soon as they left Mika came over. I wasn't sure how felt about the whole Dallas thing that happened last Friday but i figured that i should just get over it but i couldn't. "Hi Bose," Mika greeted. I gave her a head nod and i think she got the hint. Immediately regretted it once i saw how i made her feel. "I mean hi," I changed my response. She gave me a weak smile. Where did i go wrong? Again?! Mika got a message from her phone and turned it on to read it. 

"Um, Dallas asked me to meet him by the cotton candy stand to hang out, wanna come join us," She asked hopefully. Me, Mika, and the guy that's trying to take her from me? No thanks.

 "No, its fine, ill just sit here and help Ray out with Cap Con," I rejected. 

"You sure? i was thinking maybe you guys could actually get to know each other-,"I cut her off. 

"It's fine, and maybe later, i promise," I promised. She gave me a sad little nod and i turned back around to the flyers on the table but i could still feel her standing behind me.

"Oh and Bose, if it even still means anything, I was a little confused and still am but you're the one i like," Mika admitted and her footsteps fade away.

Mika's p.o.v

I felt really crappy about what happened with Bose and a part of me felt like i should have turned down Dallas's offer and stayed with Bose at the stand but the other part wanted to be with Dallas. I was officially Laura Jean!

When i saw Dallas waiting for me on a bench i approached him. "You came," He hugged me and i hugged him back. "I wouldn't wanna be anywhere else," I exclaimed but deep down it felt like a lie.

We walked around the fair holding hands but any time i thought i saw Bose i would let go and get paranoid. It was like i was cheating on my not technical boyfriends. Dallas went to go take a call so i went to grow to throw some tissues out while i waited and a girl with binocular peeped out from behind the bush scaring me. WHAT THE HECK. It was the same girl who approached me in the bathroom when Chapa came to talk to me. "Um hello?! are you forgetting about Bose," She reminded still in the bush.