WE GO DOWN TOGETHER

A couple of Days later

Chapa's p.o.v

It's been a few days since Mika and Bose's fight so i knew SWAG was going to be extra awkward today. Miles and i have been doing our best to keep them away from each to give them time to cool off but i don't think that's going to happen. We're sitting at our desk as Schwoz was teaching us how to lie again. I hated this, it was so boring! Miles next to me was passed out. 

"My friend is on fire and..." Schwaz went on until he realized we were not listening. 

"Could you at least pretend to care," Schwoz blurted. I was about to call him out when Captain Man jumped from the top of the room to the floor and the emergency signals went off.  We knew what to do. "Let's! go! Let's go! the Jandy bridge is falling down!" He announced. "Again," Miles groaned. It has fallen twice so far but Ray never let us go because he said it was too dangerous, it must be serious if he's telling us to come. We suited up and got the team helicopter to go.

Nothing could have prepared us for what was going to happen on the bridge that day.

Ray's p.o.v

I really should not have asked the children to come but but i couldn't do this on my own. This time it wasn't just a few cables, the whole bridge was coming down...

But they got this. Schwoz dropped us down as people ran and screamed for their lives. Schwoz was up above patrolling the sides to help us get people out faster. "Awol, you round up as many people as you can and teleport them out of here, Volt, Shoutout, you help people stuck in their cars, and Brainstorm, you get the most important job of all. Use your powers to hold the up snapping cables that are keeping the bridge up," I ordered. Awol went to go get his Job done but Volt and Shoutout were still with me along with Brainstorm. What?

 "Captain Man, Brainstorms job seems a bit too dangerous," Shoutout worried. 

"What if he gets hurt?" Volt questioned. 

"His powers can't hold those cables!" Shoutouts voice filled with concern. It made sense for them to worry, Chapa was his best friend and Mika loved him.

 "I got this, i can do it! no biggie," Brainstorm said but he seemed to be shaking. 

"If you die, i'll kill you!" Volt proclaimed and went to go do her job. 

Shoutout turned to Brainstorm with pleading eyes. This the first time i heard them talk ever since what Miles told me. "Just..be careful," She hugged him and went with Volt. Brainstorm watched her go. The bridge started to violently shake. "BRAINSTORM! NOW," I commanded and he got to work. I worked on getting as many people to safety.

Brainstorm's p.o.v

I had to focus...

people's lives were on the line...

Don't mess this up...

As i was controlling one of the cables that held the bridge up people we're screaming in fear all around me and it was pretty hard to focus WHEN PEOPLE ARE SCREAMING. I saw a hot dog cart and i thought you would be a good idea to go get one. I moved for one second and the bridge started to shake. NEVERMIND. As i controlled one cable i looked behind me to see another snap about to hit a girl, i moved my free hand to control that one. 

The pressure becoming too much for me.  I saw Shoutout run past me to push a lady out of the way before a piece of the bridge cracked underneath her. Shoutout sighed in relief that the lady was okay but then her facial expression changed. 

What was going on? Before i knew it the ground underneath her broke and Shoutout fell. "SHOUTOUT," I yelled. I saw her hand holding on...SHE WAS DANGLING. She needed help. I looked for the rest of the team but i couldn't find anyone.

"I'M COMING," I cried out to her as i still had the cables. 

"NO! YOUR THE ONLY THING KEEPING THE BRIDGE STEADY, IF YOU LET GO THE BRIDGE WILL GO DOWN WITH EVERYONE IN IT," She explained.

I couldn't just stand there. I was really going to have to choose between Mika's life and hundreds of people. IF I DIDN'T GO HELP HER RIGHT NOW SHE COULD DIE. IF I LET GO EVERYONE ELSE WILL DIE. I was so conflicted. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then... i let go of the cables.

I rushed to her and got on the ground to get a grip of her hand but the bridge was becoming to slanted to pull her up and to make matters even worse the bridge started shaking again. "Bose? LET GO, YOU NEED TO HOLD THE BRIDGE!" Mika shouted. There was nothing underneath her but water. "I can do that AND save you," I insisted but i wasn't so sure. I tried to pull her up but it was no use. She was slipping...

"Bose..." She trailed off.

"NO! IM GOING TO SAVE YOU, I PROMISE!" I grunted as i tried to pull her.

The Bridge was now falling altogether. 

"BOSE! PLEASE IF YOU DON'T LET GO, IT'S GOING TO TAKE YOU DOWN WITH ME" Mika begged. I couldn't let her go.

"I CAN'T MIKA! I WON'T LOSE YOU AGAIN, I JUST CAN'T" I yelled.

Shoutout's p.o.v

"LOOK BOSE, MAYBE YOU DON'T END UP WITH THE PERSON YOUR HEART CHOOSES, MAYBE THAT'S NOT HOW LIFE WORKS, JUST MAYBE...IF YOU LET GO YOU'LL END UP FINDING WHAT YOU NEED. THE UNIVERSE KNOWS WHAT YOU NEED MORE THAN YOU DO," i tried to convince Bose to let me go. I couldn't.

"IF YOU DIE, AND I LIVE, THAN I HAVE NOTHING, YOU HAVE TO LIVE," he begged.

"WHAT ABOUT YOU?"i protested as the bridge kept shaking even harder and his grip was becoming weaker.

"Nobody needs me as much as they need you," he confessed.

"YOUR PARENTS NEED YOU, CHAPA NEEDS YOU," i reminded. He had his whole life ahead of him. Sure i was scared this could be the ned for me but it will NOT be the end for him

"Mika, if you're going down, WE'RE ARE GOING TOGETHER," I voiced.

He worked on pulling me with all his strength.

I looked him the eyes and said...

"Let go, it will be okay," I softly assured him.

I shook my arms away from him as i fell...

"NO!," I heard a heart-ripping scream from Brainstorm.

Brainstorms p.o.v

NO, NO, NO ,NO. This isn't real.

"Brainstorm where's shoutout! we need to leave!" Awol approached me with the rest of the team. How was i suppose to tell him his sister was gone.

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"She's- she's..." I tried to say.

"Oh, she's up there!" Volt pointed to the helicopter where Schwoz sat along..along with SHOUTOUT? How did she get up there? "Come on guys, our job is done," Ray gave Schwoz a thumbs up as he dropped the ladder down and we climbed up. "HOW ARE YOU HERE?!" I questioned her. 

Schwoz scoffed. "Well i saw her dangling off the bridge and at first i was going to see how it played out but then when i saw she was in actual danger i put the helicopter on safety mode and went go get her once she let go," Schwoz explained. I have never been so grateful. I thought i lost her for good.

Even after all that i still had no idea where Mika and i stand.

It was like in that moment of letting go, i just had no other choice but to let faith decided whether or not we were each other's paths.

....Now i want a puppy.