Don't Get in the Wrath

Amber:

"Stop snoozing your alarm or one day you will end up without a job", I said to myself as I stepped out of my apartment.

I do this every single day, I snooze my alarm and have to skip my breakfast so that I don't get delayed for my work and then hailing a cab I reach the big gates of the Solstice Industries where the gatekeeper never misses to smile at me as I wish him a Good morning.

Yes, my life is pretty monotonous and no one in this freaking world is interested in it but the one thing that keeps it going is the yearly promotion.

Now all the credit for my job goes to my brother Zander.It is because of him I'm working in an atmosphere whereas people spend years giving interviews to get into the Solstice and for me it was just telling Zander that I no longer wished to act as a burden of him and he being him didn't want family in the business, therefore, set me up here.Precisely this company belongs to his friend though I have never had the chance to meet the very person who pities a person like me who didn't even have a degree to work here.Anyways that's none of my business so today is the first day of my newly embraced position as the assistant to the CEO who as I said I have never met and who is hardly in town.I walk into the office and taking the employee lift reach the 15th floor to get to my cabin and as soon as I arrive at the desired room I see a file bundle in front of me, this immediately changes take me down to a frown.

A sticky note on them stated that I had to go through the e-mails on the desktop, send replies to them, make a schedule for meetings and finally arrange the huge bundle in front of me in accordance to their dates, like who the hell does that. Therefore with all this in my head I sit down to read through the e-mails most of which are boring like ok I don't expect a love letter in a business mail but still this is making my life go into a black and white picture but I am not allowed to complain.It is not like Zander would flinch even once if I told him I didn't want to continue working here but as I said I don't want to act as a burden.

A knock on the door made me come out of my daydreaming session and as I opened the door I was greeted by a sheet of paper stuck to the door. It mentioned that the CEO is back in town and would reach the office in next 15mins and I am supposed to get a black coffee on his desk even before he steps into the building and then leave the office to collect his lunch from a restaurant almost half an hour away and if I failed to do so I will have to face the same wrath like that of the assistant before me.Reading this made a shiver run down my spine and I quickened my steps, reaching the cafeteria, I collected the coffee and rushed into his office to my bliss he hadn't reached but soon I heard footsteps approaching I quickly made my way out to get a taxi to the prescribed restaurant.

ZACHERY COLLINS MATHEW (CEO):

My mind just couldn't stay steady ever since I took the flight from Riverham to Iwar, my mind seemed to be something its never been before. I feel happiness engulfing me.

And in the first time ever since I opened one of my offices here in Iwar I was actually excited to visit the place.It's not like I don't like beaches but being born and brought up in a place like Riverham where it's cold through the year and people like keeping to themselves I felt Iwar is a rather over-friendly place.

I first heard of this place from my friend Alexander in high school.Alexander or Zander as we call him was the soon to be alpha of the Blood Moon pack settled here and as soon as he took the position he proposed the idea of me opening an office here as that would help us strengthening the pack relations therefore on my 18th birthday four years ago I opened this branch of Solstice Industries.As soon as the flight landed I or very specifically my wolf Ray wanted to jump out of the plane and run to the office and that made my human form happy because after a very long time I felt my connection to my wolf.Ray had almost started leaving me. I am 24 and an alpha yet I hadn't found my mate, my family or rather whatever is left of them once forced me to marry some upper-class wolf but Ray denied and threatened to leave me he would say "Wait for my mate I promise it till be worth"

And here I stand at the airport without a mate and with people around carrying my luggage to the cars parked.

Then all of a sudden Ray say," Today will be a good day"

"And why it so?"

"You will see" and that's it he goes off I step into the car trying to concentrate on the files when Nic my beta confirms that the earlier filthy assistant has been changed so yes the was indeed good as I hate clumsy people and she was the head of them.As I enter the office everyone stares at me as if they've seen a ghost because I wasn't supposed to be here before the end of the month and I believe this made the atmosphere lazy.

"Get back to work, the show is over and if each of you don't meet your deadlines by the end of your day so will be your career", I spoke in my alpha voice.

Everyone rushed to their stations and put their heads into the computers.They aren't wolves but humans do respond to money and power and trust me I had plenty of both.

Amber:

So I get down at the restaurant collect his lunch and take the taxis and run back to his office but am interrupted by Ashton midway saying he would rather deliver the lunch.Well, I am fine with anyone who wants to go into a lion's den in my place.Ashton, on the contrary, was a rather sweet guy and frequently visited the office.

_________________________________________________

A/N: Riverham and Iwar are imaginary names of places being used in the chapters.

Please vote and comment to let me know about your views on this chapter and I update daily.