What should I do?

Amber:

The fight went on for another ten to minutes before the rouges started to diminish, no more rogues keep on coming in as we fought the ones alive.

By the end by white coat was painted red, my eyes fell on Zach's wolf, his eyes held emotions I couldn't interpret, it was a mix of pride and fear of loss.

I took a step towards him, he understood the signal and came rushing towards me, He snuggled his face into my neck and I did the same, the warmth felt like being home. It was more like a wolf hug.

Xavier's wolf ran into the packhouse whereas Beth and Zander stood looking at each other and soon headed together in the pack house.

Zach and I came out of the hug and followed, all the pack members including the ones in their human form bowed their head as the alpha king walked in.

I felt proud and safe having him close, but I was scared, I had to tell him the truth, it's not just him but to the whole pack, I was scared if he would reject me for hiding my secret from him.We walked into the library where there were many who lost their mates but in the corner was a sight the would felt anyone's heart, there was Cami in the arms of Xavier, Cami didn't care Xav was drenched in blood all she cared was that he was there in her arms and all Xav cared was his mate and pup were safe, their eyes were filled with love.

Zander mind linked everyone to go back to their houses and rest for the day and informed that we would have the ceremony of honouring the wolves who lost their lives protecting the pack the first thing tomorrow morning.

The library cleared out, Xav walked out with Cami in his arms, Zander came over to Zach and me standing in a corner, I understood what he wanted to say but it was better unspoken, Zander and Beth walked towards their rooms, whereas I lead Zach to the guest room next to mine.I knew Xander would have instructed someone to put clothes for him. As he entered I turned and entered my room and changed into my human form, it was the second time in my life that I had shifted, Riley was happy that she would finally be free to be with her mate.

She kept on reassuring me that our mate would understand why we hid our secret and why I suppressed her.

I took a hot shower washing off the blood and the sting but as soon as I came out of the shower I was scared to face the pack, I was scared to face Xav or Cami I was scared to face Zach, what would I tell them, how could I explain everything.

I got dressed and sat on the edge of my bed, it felt as if I was rooted to the ground of my room I didn't want to move, I just wanted to stay in. I felt paralysed.

I didn't realise how long I was sitting there but there was a door knock that burst the bubble of my thoughts.I dragged my feet to the door and held its knob for a minute before there was another knock, I opened the door.

Zach was standing in front of the door, I felt helpless I didn't know what to do or what to tell him, I stood like a fool staring at him,

"May I?", he asked looking at me

"Yes", I barely muttered, I felt like someone had sealed my throat. I stepped back letting him in, he turned and closed the door.