It just gets worse

Amber:

Yesterday night I had a rather disturbed sleep which led to a morning headache and now I am struggling with a headache but I can't miss office.

I feel like I would pass out anything, and have already had two cups of coffee to ease my pain and quickly rush to the washroom and take a quick shower, and then I am ready to go to the office with my head feeling like a dumbbell.

I walk down my apartment and go to a nearby cafe, pick another cup of latte hoping this would ease the pain and hop into a cab. Once I reached office and as usual, I was early as compared to other people I start surfing through the mails, flagging the once important and deleting the others because at this point of time that is the only thing I could do.

Once done I walk into the cafeteria and get some scrambled eggs and tea this time and after my food brake I take a painkiller the doctor gave me and I get back to work. Reading through contracts, fixing meetings, and other things when Javour comes in.

"Morning"

"Morning Amber"

"How was your weekend"

"Oh fine but dropped in to say we have a meeting with a delegate of the Smith Industries and as you know its quite an important deal so could you join in?"

"Ya sure. When is it?"

"In an hour"

"Ok I will meet you in the conference room", I said showing a thumbs up. As he felt I looked at the watch it was already 10 meaning the meeting was at 11 and would continue till lunchtime and may even go beyond. I mentally thanked myself for having my breakfast.

The time passed faster than expected and soon I found myself in the conference hall sitting beside Javour. My work was to take points and match them with the contract. A normal person would have done the matching later and negotiate but I was blessed with a brain that remembered everything it read. So, yes I remember the whole contract and continuously passed the contradictory points to Javour who questioned the delegate accordingly.

Soon the meeting came to an end and the deal was done.

After the handshakes and necessary formal share of dialogues, the delegate and his team left Javour turned to me and was saying something but the world around me seemed to go blur. I could see his lips moving but couldn't interpret anything, neither could I hear a thing, more appropriately anything I heard seemed like noise to me.

My head was throbbing with pain, I felt weak I wanted to sit somewhere but I didn't have the energy to walk to the nearest chair.

I sat on my knees on the floor holding my head in my hands and suddenly the world went black.

Javour:

I turned to talk to Amber as soon as the delegate left and I saw her awkwardly staring at nothing in particular.