Days Like This

Amber:

I came back from the office and change and soon went into a peaceful sleep that was until my alarm started buzzing at 9.55.I just put it off like I have my day off.

And then I was jolted out of sleep.

Shit!

I documented everything except for the last-minute meeting scheduled at 10am.I quickly looked at my phone and it was 9.57.Shit shit shit anytime now the party would arrive and Zach would be clueless and Nic, of course, was of no help.

I started to panic as I picked up the phone and dialled his number.

Ring ring ring and no answer. The second call again went unanswered and then I tried a third time and in the last ring, he received it.

"Hey, how is your day going? I thought you might sleep the whole day but you are up early. Want me to join in for lunch?" he said the last part in a flirtatious tone

"Zach see this is no time for a joke and I am very sorry but I forgot to mention a 10 am meeting and as its already 9.59 I think the party might have already entered the office"

"What ?" he almost burst my eardrums

"I am so sorry" I was almost in tears by now, I don't take shoutings and screaming well

"Hey hey, it's ok. Don't cry I will manage. It isn't your fault. Ok? Take rest I will meet you in the evening", he said with concern in his voice

"Thank you" I replied cutting the call.

After my mini panic attack, the day went pretty well and pretty quick.

I spent most of my time on the bed either reading a book or looking for universities on my phone and it was only during lunchtime did I step out of my house, I had got so used to spending the most of my time at the office that there was hardly any grocery in my home except for breakfast.

I quickly made a note of the things that I might need in days like this and went down the street, had my lunch at a local diner, and then went to. Departmental store to grab the items on my list.By the time I reached home, it was already 4pm and therefore I decided to arrange the things and go in for a shower.

While showering I heard the doorbell.

"Coming in 2" I shouted to the person whosoever was on the other side of the door.

But who would it be, Zander never visited on workdays and except him, I hardly had any visitors.

Stepping out of the shower and wearing the first hoodie and pants that I found I made my way to the door. And the midway I realised it was Zach.I forgot about the pizza promise and right now I looked like a disaster with wet hair and an oversized hoodie.

"Stupid", I told myself.

Opening the door I found him for the first time in casuals.

His muscles bulge out of the selves of his black v-necked t-shirt and his jeans complimented his t-shirt perfectly.

"May I?", I was brought out of my trance by his voice

"Yes," I said hesitantly wondering how long I might have been staring at him. I am behaving like a total jerk.

"Umm please please ignore the mess, I actually forgot about the pizza thing I am so sorry. Please make yourself home. Though I know your home is much more lavish as compared to this but. Did I speak too much again?"

Zach:

"Did I speak too much again?", she looked at me with puppy eyes

"I don't think. I actually like hearing you speak and I don't mind the mess. By the way, you look cute"

She blushed at my compliment and continued, "So I think we should order a pizza"

"Yup so which one for you?"

"Pepperoni and garlic bread for sides"

"Ok and the other one? Bacon or mushroom?"

"I don't share my pizza so you may order anything", she said with a pout

I chuckled at her action "You can at least give me one bite or else I will end up order five pizzas you decide"

"That's not fair," she said throwing her hands up in the air

"Everything is fair my love," I said smirking at her

She surely didn't like my comment," ok so one pepperoni which would mostly one mine I would give you a piece or two and one bacon and one mushroom and garlic bread. Final", she replied mischievously.

"Ok", I replied dialling the pizza joint's number.

_______________________________________________

A/N: Please vote and comment to let me know about your views on this chapter and the next chapter will be updated soon.