15.

"Anyone home?" I call into the house. The smell of food wafting into my nose.

"Hi, honey." Seth's voice calls mockingly out from the kitchen.

"Hi, honey." My dad says copying Seth's mocking voice and I hear their chuckles.

I step into the kitchen.

"Hey losers," I say with a roll of my eyes. Seth is leaning casually against the bench, while my dad pulls a steaming hot lasagna out of the oven. He looked so calm, a happy look on his face. It felt comforting that he and my dad had been apparently hanging out in the kitchen whilst I was gone. It was... sweet. 

"Did you just call your dad a loser?" My dad asks wrapping me up in a hug.

"The biggest," I say with a grin.

"Is this the dress?" My dad asks me, pointing to the black bag in my hand.

"It is. But you can't see it." I say moving it away from his reach.

"Oh, what colour is it?" Seth asks me. His hair was messy, an intrigued look on his face.

"Baby blue. It came with a pocket square as well so you should be set." I inform him.

"Can I see the dress?" Seth asks me a hopeful look across his face.

"No, neither of you can," I say sticking out my tongue at them.

"Where's mom?" I ask them.

"Work still," Dad says with a small sigh.

"Is she coming here tonight?" I ask with a wince.

"She is." My dad says.

"Ok. Well, I'll make dinner and head to my room." I say with a sad sigh before making my way towards the stairs.

I hang up my dress in the closet and change my jean shorts to PJ shorts. Leaving my braids in.

I wipe my makeup off and take off the jewellery before making my way downstairs.

"My braids are pretty damn good," Seth says with a grin as he sets the plate of lasagna down and tugs them gently.

"Thanks, Gordon Ramsay," I say with a grin and take a bite of the cheesy goodness.

"Anytime," Seth says with a grin sliding into the seat beside me and taking a bite of his own lasagna. Dad sit's across from from Seth, and just as he begins to dig in we hear the front door open. 

"We're back." Leroy, Molly and Jacob say as they emerge from the entrance hall.

"How was your surf?" My dad asks, sipping his beer.

"Amazing. Hell, I missed surfing." Jacob says with a grin.

"The surf was so good," Molly says to dad with a grin.

"Wow, I hope the missus wants to live here because otherwise, I will miss the surf," Leroy says with a grin.

"Look at them. They're frothing." I whisper to Seth. He grins in response.

"Seth, have you been out to the point lately?" Leroy asks Seth as he goes into the fridge and pulls out a beer.

"Yeah, Luke and I went for a dawn surf the other day. It's been pumping lately." He says with a chuffed grin.

"I haven't surfed in ages. I need to go." I say to myself.

"You should go tonight the waves are perfect," Jacob says popping the cap off a beer Leroy handed him.

"Yeah, a Sunset surf sounds perfect," I say with an excited grin, finishing off my lasagna. 

Seth excuses himself, grabbing my plate and my dad's and carrying them into the kitchen.