Extended 2.

The breakup

My throat lumped and dry. My lips cracked, begging to replace the water lost through my crying. My back of my hands had drawn blood from where I had clawed at them attempting to ease the frustration of the situation.

I pulled the covers off my bed and made my way to the kitchen, I peeked in the freezer, searching for some ice cream. I pulled out the only container inside. It felt too light.

I pulled the lid of and sighed at the lack of emotional support inside the container. Pulling out my phone I began to message Hayley to bring some ice cream on her way home. Until I realise she wasn't going to be home until late. With a sigh I messaged Max, hoping he was home or could pick up some on his way to his.

Max

Do you happen to have any ice cream in your freezer I can borrow. I'll buy you a new one to replace it.

Yup I'll bring it over now.

Thank you.

It isn't long before my doorbell rings and I make my way to the door, pulling it open carefully.

"Ice cream for Lacey Carter?" He asks, holding up a practically brand new container.

"Thanks." I say with a small smile. Taking it as he hands it to me.

"How did the talk go?" Max asks me as I let him in, making my way towards the kitchen. He shouldn't be here. I should ask him to leave. Make him understand he shouldn't be here. What if Seth comes over, things are going to blow up. Why can't he see I don't like Max like that.

"Not good." I say letting out a long sigh, not listening to the part of me I know I should be. Pulling open the ice cream container. I immediately delve into it.

"Not good?" Max presses, asking for some more information.

"It's so hard. I just want him to know I love him and only him. And I mean I guess I can't change that he's insecure but he's just being such a dick about it. Like he's just being so petty and I don't understand it." I rant out, letting my frustration load out. Lacey shut up. Stop inviting Max inside your brain.

"Like it's not even like you and I are in any way romantically involved. He just has it in his head. And like I know you shouldn't be over now. But then again, I should be able to have my friends over when I choose and he should be able to trust me. Like what does that say about me if he doesn't trust me? What did I do to make him not trust me. Or what put that seedling of doubt into his mind?" I continue, scooping ice cream into my mouth occasionally.

"It's me he's jealous of?" Max exclaims. Standing up from the chair he was perched on.

"Yeah. It is." I answer, cringing at the tension that could be brought about. Max thinks to himself for a second.

"I'll talk to him." He states making his way to wastes the door. I rush to the door, leaning my body against it so he can't get out.

"No way. Not happening. It's just going to make the situation worse. If your not aware of it then it looks like we're not even hiding anything or discussing the fact Seth and I are fighting about it." I reason, as Max stands in front of me.

"Okay... okay you're right." Max says moving away from the door, back into the kitchen.

I scoop a large amount of ice cream onto the spoon, eating it carefully.

"I'm going to make blueberry pancakes." I announce, turning towards the cupboards and rummaging through them for the ingredients. Seth's favourite.

"Do you have blueberries?" Max asks. I stop, my hands wrapped around a flour container. I let it go and pull open the fridge, in search of some blueberries.