34.

"Lace." He says suddenly making me stop in the doorway.

"Yeah?" I ask turning around. He raises his eyebrows at me expectingly.

I return the look with a confused one of my own.

"Stay?" He asks, dropping his gaze down to the ground, shuffling some strewn about clothes into a small pile with one foot. As a diversion to having to meet my eyes.

That's a little bit sweet.

"I mean since you asked so nicely." I say with relieved smile a roll of my eyes, turning and plopping myself back onto his bed.

"Yeah." He says with a halfhearted chuckle.

"Are you sure your alright?" I ask him putting a hand on his arm softly, tugging him down so he is perching on the bed besides me.

"Mhmm." He says attempting a convincing smile, chucking the pile of clothes into the washing basket.

"Really? Because you left my house kind of off. Then you didn't reply to me. And I don't mean to be clingy or anything I just came to check on you but you weren't here and your snap location was off." I start rambling.  "I'm not saying you can't go where you like you obviously can I'm not trying to control you your a free person. I just wanted to make sure we're okay?" I ask him anxiously. My words tumbling out of my mouth.

"Baby. We're always okay. I'm just in a shitty mood. I went to the gym to try feel better sorry for worrying you. I'm fine. We're fine" He says with an easy shrug. Avoiding my gaze.

"Anything I can do to help?" I ask him, taking his hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Exist." Seth replies kissing my nose placing a hand on my thigh reassuringly. I half smile.

"Seth mate." Luke's voice suddenly intrudes before he burst around the door. "Oh hi Lacey." He says to me.

I hadn't heard any sign of life in the house since Seth's arrival but maybe I'd been.. preoccupied.

"Heya Luke." I say with a half pleasant smile.

"Bea's having some people around. I just came to hangout and invite you downstairs to join?" Luke offers looking between us.

"Uh yeah I guess I should." Seth says sitting up, his hands unfolding from around my waist. Running a hand through his hair before rubbing his eyes in a stressed, maybe pissed off manner.

"You look tired." Luke points out obliviously. I wince at his comment. Knowing it was.. not helpful for Seth it would be. But when you don't know. You don't know.

"Yeah." Seth says with a strained smile his eyes flicking to mine. I nod with understanding. "I'll be down in a sec. I just want some more time with my girl before I have to go downstairs." Seth says standing and pulling a pair of socks from the the top drawer of his dresser.

"Alright. See you. Don't be long." Luke calls out as he closes the door behind him. But not before winking at us suggestively. To which Seth and I shook our heads at him.

As the door clicks I sit up onto my knees on the edge of the bed. Seth stands in front of me, taking my weight from falling forwards.

"Are you going to be okay?" I ask him, brushing my thumb along his cheekbone.

"Yeah. I'll be fine." He says with a nod. My lips tug into a small smile.

"You should call me your girl more often." I say with a shy chuckle.

"Your such a loser." He says half smiling and pressing his lips to mine. I tug him closer to me, losing myself in the kiss.

"Let's go downstairs before I get too carried away." He says letting out a heavy breath.