Chapter 1

Hiccup's person Pov

I was in a cell. My hands. Chained to the wall. I tried. I tried reasoning with them but, who would listen to the runt of the tribe?

My final chance to convince Vikings that dragons were good was showing them during my exam. It went terribly. The monstrous nightmare almost killed me because of my da- no, Stoick. Toothless was there to save him but he was captured as well.

The cell door opened and I jerked my head. It was Gobber. He had the saddest expression. It's good to know that I will be missed by at least one person. Well maybe if you count Astrid.

"Come on lad, your trial is starting." He said. It sounded like he was crying.

"Okay," I say showing him my chains. He unlocked them. I followed him out into the Great hall. My da- Stoick was sitting right in front of me. I saw Astrid as well. Wow. She still looks beautiful even with the tears running down her eyes. She quickly wipes them off.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the III, we are gathered here today because you had befriended a dragon and by Berkian law that clearly states that this is illegal and can be sentenced to death, imprisonment or banishment. Since we cannot control the dragon since it is a night fury one of the most lethal dragons, I as the chief of Berk hereby banish you to 5 years of banishment. You will not be permitted to speak. You will go back to the house. Pack your things. Collect your dragon and leave." Stoick said with a blank expression.

I nodded. I went home- to the house and collected my stuff. My drawings, my clothes and mom's betrothal gift.

I went to the forge and collected my tools, my ideas and a few other stuff.

I went back outside and saw everyone outside the hall. Toothless was in the middle of everyone. Two Vikings were struggling with him.

When I entered the circle the crowd made a path for me.

"Toothless, calm down, bud," I said. He calmed down a little and stopped struggling. The Vikings looked perplexed.

"Drop the ropes," I said to the two Vikings.

"No!"

"Are you insane?!"

"I said drop the ropes!"

They reluctantly drop the ropes. Toothless immediately comes over to me and wraps his tail around me protectively.

I was packing my stuff when I instinctively ran to Gobber and hugged him. He hugged me back. I pulled away and gave Astrid a small smile. I looked at my da- Stoick and just stared at him for five seconds. I turned around and mounted Toothless. I saw the crowd take a few steps back. I give Toothless a scratch and he took off. I turned around and saluted Gobber and Astrid. They secretly returned it.

I flew off. I smiled.

I'm free.