Ch.7 Shot

EMMA'S POV

I was waiting for 3 hours now. I don't have any idea where Carl is. There is no maid here to tell me anything. I don't have a phone to call him.

I am really worried for him. He was going to be back till evening. Its 11 pm now. I hope he is okay.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

I thought it must be Carl so I ran to the door and opened it but there stood Aiden. His right hand man with a sad face.

Now I was more worried.

"A..Aiden. where is Carl?" I asked.

"I need you to come with me Emma." He said in a serious tone.

"Where? What happened and where is Carl?" I asked worriedly.

"Carl was shot. 3 times in the chest. He is in the hospital and I am here to take you to the hospital."
I didn't hear anything after the word shot.

Because I felt my knees weaken and I sat down on the floor.

My heart was racing at abnormal speed.

Sweat beads formed on my forehead while tears welled up in my eyes.

My world came down shattering.

The only person who loves me is in the hospital.

The only person I have is Carl. And he is in hospital.

A tear fell down my eyes followed by the other.

Aiden sat down near me.

"Please dont cry Emma. Carl needs you. Please. Come with me to the hospital. He isn't responding to the treatment but he will respond once you meet him. Your presence is enough to make him breath. Please Emma. Come with me." He said looking at me with hope.

How can I say no.

"Take me to him." I said.

Aiden smiled.

"Lets go." He said offering me his hand to take.

We got up and went to his car.

The car ride was silent until I asked,
"How did it happen?"

"He was coming home when his enemies attacked him. Our men reached on time to save him but till that he was already shot." Aiden answered.

He was coming home. To me. He was coming to me when this happened.

One more tear escaped my eye but I wiped it.

Soon we reached the hospital.

We went to the ICU where Carl was kept.

I opened the door of the ICU and saw him lying on the bed with an oxygen mask covering his face.

He looked so pale.

I wanted to see him active. I wanted to see him smiling at me and laughing. I want him to wake up and kiss me. I want him alive.

"What did d-doctor say?" I asked controlling my tears.

"They have removed the bullets . But he is still in danger. They said that his heart needs to respond. He is mentally not responding. You can help him Emma. Please." Aiden pleaded me.

"I will. Nothing will happen to Carl." I said firmly.

"I will leave you alone with him." Aiden said as he went outside the room.

I looked at Carl who was sleeping peacefully on the bed while I was crying my eyes out for him.

"Why..why aren't you responding? Can't you see I am worried? I want to you back Carl. I need you. You cannot leave me alone got it? You have to wake up. How can you leave me alone in this world? You were going to protect me, right?" I said holding his hand.

"How will you protect me if you stay like this? So wake up Carl. Please wake up." I cried holding his hand.

After an hour the doctor came and checked him but there was no improvement.

I cried whole night sitting besides Carl.

I don't want to loose him. Not now. Not ever. I want him. And I will have him back.

________________________________

HEY GUYS!

2 UPDATES IN A DAY!

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT.

HOW IS THE NEW TWIST?

WHEN WILL CARL WAKE UP?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR VIEWS

LOTS OF LOVE 😍😘😘