Ch.20 Truth

EMMA'S POV

"WE ARE YOUR PARENTS SWEETIE."

I stared at them in confusion. Did she just say that they are my...but...how I mean I am an orphan....

"I know what you are thinking Emma. Its obvious that you are clueless to all this and also you must be confused. But its the truth princess." Said the man Greyson.

I stared at them with disbelief. How is this possible?

"How?" I asked in a barely audible voice. Tears started welling up in my eyes.

"Its a long strory honey. Come sit. You are home after so long." Mom..I mean the lady said. It was strange to act all comfortable around them. Even if they claim to be my parents I don't know them properly.

They led me to an expensive couch and made me sit between the couple. Vincent sat in front of me.

I was feeling overwhelmed and awkward at the same time.

"So I think I should start." Mr.Greyson said. I looked at him and nodded.

"So basically lets first introduce ourselves. I am Greyson. Greyson DeMalo. And I am also a part of the mafia. This is my wife and your mother Silviya. And your brother Vincent whom you have already met." I looked at all of them. I never imagined that this situation will come in anybody's life when they are being formally introduced to their parents.

"We always wanted a daughter. After Vincent was born it took us many years to have you. Silviya had many complication in her delivery but atlast we had you. We were very happy to have you Emma. But as they say good time doesn't last long. My rival in the mafia attacked us and we had to flee. Vincent was 8 at that time and he was quite clever to know how to hide and save himself. But you Emma, you were a mere 2 year child. It was not safe to have you with us when the enemy was at our back and we were roaming into cities for shelter and food. So we decided to leave you in an orphanage for your safety. It was a very hard decision for us to make. Silviya never agreed but I knew that we couldn't keep you safe so one night when everyone was asleep, I took you to an Orphanage and left you at its doorstep with a name tag. After that we never had any information on you.

After years when I achieved my everything back we came back to this city. I contacted the orphanage to find that you were already adopted by a man named Robert Johnson. We wanted you back but it was hard knowing that you won't even remember us.

One day I got the news that mafia boss Carl had found a girl for him who was only 16 and that he rescued her from abusing foster parents. I didn't pay much attention to the news until I heard that the man who abused the girl was none other than Robert Johnson. I knew then and there that the girl he had was you. Our daughter. I tried to reach you but Carl had so much security around you that it was difficult. But today...atlast we found you my baby. We found you." He had tears formed up in his eyes and my heart broke seeing him cry. I don't know how but I suddenly embraced him. Even if he left me in the orphanage and then I had to suffer with Robert and his family still he is my father and whatever he did was for my safety. But still this is going to be hard to adjust. How am I even going to tell Carl about it?

Just as I thought about it my phone rang. Everybody startled at the sudden sound. I saw the id and smiled. It was Carl. He finally realised that I was not home. I answered the call.

"Hello." I said.
"Where are you Angel?! Are you hurt? I will kill him if someone hurts you. Tell me where are you..." I cut his rambling off.
"Carl. Please listen to me now. You don't have to worry. I am safe. Can you..can you come here?" I asked him.

"Where?" He asked.

"Um the address?" I asked Vincent.

"Just say the DeMalo's house." He replied.