Ch.19 Parents?

EMMA'S POV

"Need any help angel?"
Vincent asked sensing my thoughts. I have lost the way back and I don't know the address properly. What should I do? Shall I ask for help to Vincent? But he is a stranger. Still he doesn't seem any harm.

He moved his fingers in front of my face snapping me from my thoughts. Oh I was staring into nowhere like a maniac. I shook my thoughts away and looked at him. He gave me a questioning look but had amusement in his eyes. How should I ask him for help. I am 16 and don't know my address. How embarrassing will it be. But maybe I can call Carl.

"Earth to Angel." He chuckled at me.
"Um...I...I lost my way actually." I said looking down. Embarrassed of my behaviour I couldn't look up to meet his eyes. He will laugh at me for sure.
"Oh it's alright. I can help you don't worry." He said to my shock.
"You won't laugh at me?" I asked wide eyed. He looked confused.
"Why would I laugh at you?" He asked as if it was obvious.
"Because I am a big girl and don't know my address." I said ashamed of myself. I looked at my feet where Tody was licking. I felt a finger under my chin and raised my face up to face Vincent. He took away his hand.
"I don't think there is anything to laugh or anything you should be ashamed of. I will gladly help you find your home. Now, which way did you come?"
He asked me in a casual tone. I gave him a small smile before pointing my finger to the direction I came from. He looked at the my hand and frowned.
"The way goes straight out of the town. Are you sure you live there princess?" He asked me.

I nodded a yes at him. His frown didn't leave his face but He held my hand and led me to a sleek black car. He opened the passenger door for me like a gentleman. I smiled and said a little thank you. He sat in the driving seat and started driving to the direction I told. He kept driving straight for another 15 minutes when I saw a familiar flower shop I had seen. I remember taking a turn from there so I told Vincent to take a turn too.

I soon remembered the way back. It was quite easy actually with just two three turns. A smile crept on my face as I saw the familiar surroundings. Carl's mansion was visible from where we were. Vincent suddenly stopped the car.

"Where do you live Emma?" He asked me as I gave him a confused look.
"Um..that mansion." I said pointing to the mansion.

Vincent looked at the mansion in shock. He stayed in trance for next five minutes until I shook him.

"Vincent!" I called his name and shook him out of his trance.
"Yeah." He said looking at me.
"What happened? Are you alright?" I asked him in confusion.
He shook his head no. What's wrong with him?
"You live with Carl Smith?" He asked with his eyes widen in shock. Why is it so shocking for him?
"Yes. Any problem?" I asked him with a frown.
He looked at the house and again at me.
"He...He rescued you from your abusive foster parents. Right?" I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. The mention of my past made me a little uncomfortable as Vincent was still a stranger to me.

I nodded looking outside the window.

There was a dead silence in the car for next few minutes. I could hear him breath heavily. He seemed to have a inner battle with himself. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel very tightly. Why is he angry suddenly? I hope I didn't do anything wrong. But maybe I offended him by saying something that I shouldn't have. I decided to apologise to him. But before I could say anything he made a U Turn and jerked me to a side. Thankfully I had the seat belt on or else I would have flied out of the car at the speed he took the turn.

He started driving back to where we came from. What is he doing?

"Where are you taking me?" I asked slightly panicked. I gripped the door handle tightly because the speed he was driving would certainly get us killed. What the hell is wrong with this guy? He isn't answering my questions. I should have never accepted his help. What if he kidnaps me!