Ch.18 Vincent

EMMA'S POV

"Carl come on now don't act like a lazy kid. You are the adult here so you should be the one to wake up soon and get ready first. But here I am a 16 year old trying to wake your lazy butt." I whined as I pulled the covers from Carl and shook him for the Nth time now. Well we slept a little late last night after he told me about his past. But its 11 am and he is still not getting up. I mean this is so lazy of him. He is the one who is always disciplined and going to work on time but today he has already skipped his breakfast and I don't think he is going for work.

Even Tody licked his face and I think he also wants Carl to wake up now. Suddenly I got an idea.

"Alright then. Sleep all you want mister because I am taking Tody for a walk. ALONE." I said the last word loudly so he could hear it and get up. But sadly he didn't even move. He still slept like dead. I huffed.

I should ignore his lazy butt and take Tody out. Poor baby looks at me with so much hope that his mommy will take him for a walk.

"You wanna go for a walk with mommy?" I asked lifting him in my arms.
"What do you say?" I asked and he barked a little. He was learning fast. Well I practically spent the whole morning training him to bark. I kept him  down and went to change my clothes. After I found something good to wear I took Tody's belt and tied it around its leash.

I glanced at Carl's sleeping form and left the room

I glanced at Carl's sleeping form and left the room. We both went outside to the lawn in the house and played a little. But Tody kept dragging me to the outside on the road. So I started taking him outside the mansions boundary but a guard stopped me at the gate.

"I am sorry Ma'am but we can't let you go out." He said politely. He was a huge security guard and his overall form scared both me and Tody who was hiding behind my legs.

What should I say now? If they say that they will ask to Carl then Carl will take forever to wake up and we would end up getting bored waiting for him. So I decided to lie a little. Just a little.

"Um but I already told Carl and he didn't object with me and Tody going out." I said.

It wasn't a lie actually. I had told him and he didn't respond anything so that means he had no problem in letting me out. Am I right?

The guard seemed to be in a deep thought as he examined my face for any lies but I stayed confident. Soon enough he nodded his head.

"Okay Ma'aam. You may go." He said opening the gates for us. I smiled at him and walked out with Tody.

"Lets enjoy our day out baby." I said to Tody who was looking at his surroundings in awe. I noticed that we live in an area that is a little away from the city and their are more trees here than buildings or people.

We walked for an hour as we took our time exploring the vicinity. There was a grocery I noticed and also a medical store. A small clothing boutique  was also there and I noticed a few nice dresses on the menequins.