Ch.9 Traitor

EMMA'S POV

It was sunday afternoon and I was having lunch with Stella. We had already visited the church in the morning and I had prayed for Carl. I hope he recovers fast. I can't wait to confess my love for him. Last night I went to the hospital to see him. The doctor said that his recovery rate is very low. I wanted to be with him all night but Aiden forced me to go home. He said he doesn't want me to get tired.

Aiden is a really nice guy. He is the true friend of Carl. He stays at the hospital when I can't make it. Carl is lucky to have him as a friend. Aiden cares for me very much.

I finished the lunch and decided to go to the hospital now. I was missing Carl very much.

I changed my outfit and told the driver to take me to the hospital

I had to take 5 bodyguards with me according to Aiden's orders. He said that Carl's rivals can harm me.

After 20 minutes of driving in silence I reached the hospital.

I walked in the room where Carl was.

I opened the door and saw that Carl was alone and Aiden was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go leaving Carl alone?

I sat near Carl on the small stool. He looked a little fresh now. I held his hand and kissed it.

"I had gone to the church today. I prayed for you.Wake up fast Carl. I want to tell you something very important. I want to confess my love for you." I said kissing his forehead.

Suddenly the door opened and I pulled away from Carl.

Aiden was standing in the door and he looked...angry.

"Where were you Aiden?" I asked him worriedly.

He sat near me on the stool.

"Were you worried about me Flower?" He asked coming a little too closer.

What is he doing? I suddenly feel uncomfortable.

"I..I was worried because you left Carl alone in this condition." I said looking at him as his eyes turned more darker in anger.

"You care for him a lot don't you?" He yelled.

I backed away a little.

"What do you mean?" I asked him with tears threatening to fall.

I didn't like people getting angry at me. It reminds me of Robert when he hurt me.

His eyes softened when he saw my tears.

"I..I am sorry flower. I didn't mean to scare you. Please...please don't cry."

He started wiping my tears that had already fallen on my cheeks now.

I removed his hands from my face.

"Please don't leave Carl alone like this. He needs us." I said to Aiden.

"I know he needs us. But more than that...I need you Emma." He said smirking.

"W-what?" I asked getting a little scared of him.

"Yes Emma. I love you. And I love you more than Carl does. Carl cannot protect you Emma. His enemies will hurt you. But I don't have anyone to hurt you. I will keep you safe Emma. I will love you baby." He said and started leaning in to kiss me but I slapped him.

I slapped someone for the first time in my life.

He looked taken aback. I thought he will get angry on me so I stood up and started getting away from him.

But instead of getting angry he started laughing like a maniac.

Why is he laughing?
He stood up and came in front of me.
"O Emma...you are so cute. You hit me with those small hands of yours. Your soft delicate hands can't harm anyone. Your soft hands will look good wrapped around my di.."
"-finish the sentence and I will remove that tongue from your mouth and tie it around your throat."
A familiar husky voice yelled from besides me.

I looked at the bed and saw Carl looking at Aiden with fury in his eyes.

O,my god!

When did he wake up?

Where is his oxygen mask?

Carl got up from the bed and walked towards us.
He was furious.
He stood in between me and Aiden, his back facing me.

"Carl...you are...how...awake?" Aiden stuttered nervously.

"I was awake last night only. I was going to speak to you when you started speaking on your phone with someone. You told the person that you were planning to abduct my Emma and shift to Australia. I heard everything and after you left me I called the doctor and told him to call my other men . I told my men to keep a watch on you and find the other person that was helping you in this dirty plan of yours. Today when you started speaking to my Emma in this language I lost it. I cant let anyone hurt her physically or mentally. I will give you the worst punishment you motherfucker." Carl growled at Aiden who was more than terrified.

"Y-you cant do anything Carl.." Aiden said.

Carl let out a sarcastic laugh.
"O really? You forgot who I am? I am the bloody Mafia king this world is scared of and you tried to take my girl away from me? I will make you beg for death Aiden. Gaurds...capture this fucking traitor." At Carl's orders many guards came inside the room and surrounded Aiden with their guns pointed at him.

Aiden was petrified. He was literally shaking in fear. But he deserves this. He was talking so bad to me. He was going to kidnap me. I thought of him as a good person but he was a cheater. I am happy that Carl found out about him. What if Carl had not woken up. He would have taken me with him.

The guards dragged Aiden out of the room. He was struggling to get out of their hold but the guards pinned him down everytime he tried to run.

After they left the room Carl turned to look at me.

He smiled at me. I wrapped my arms around him tightly and Let my tears fall.

He rubbed my back and kissed my head to calm me.

"Baby, stop crying. He is gone now. He will not hurt you. Nobody will hurt you. I am here now. Shhh..." he consoled me.

I pulled away wiping my tears.

"I..I was worried f-for you. You were in coma for so many days. I wanted to talk to you so badly. I was missing you." I told him as he cupped my face.

"And I heard you saying something about confessing your love...what was that,huh?" He asked me with a smirk.

O, god! That means he heard me. He heard me saying that I want to confess my love. What will he say now?

I looked down with embarrassment.

He lifted my face up.
"Don't be embarrassed Baby. Say it." He said looking into my eyes.

"I...I love you..Carl." I said looking at him.

He smiled at me widely and planted a passionate kiss on my lips.

He pulled away and kissed all over my face.

"I love you too baby."