Ch.17

Picture of Tody above☝☝

EMMA'S POV

"YOU'RE SOO CUTE!"
I said as I squeezed Tody's soft fur. He was so playful and entertaining. I had spent last 3 hours playing with him. But now it was bed time for both of us. Carl didn't come down after eating the cake and his weird behaviour. I wonder what happened to him suddenly. Does it have to do something with the cake? O god! Did I make him sad by making that cake? But Stella said that he likes it. Then why is he angry all of a sudden. The door bell rang breaking my chain of thoughts.

I went towards the door and opened it. Two guards stayed outside with a few bags in their hands. I frowned. What have they brought?
"Umm yes?" I asked them. They were tall and buff scaring me a little.
"Master had ordered for a few things and told us to give it to you. It is for the dog." One of them said. So Carl has ordered all this for Tody. He is so caring. I was so engrossed in playing with Tody that I completely forgot about his needs.

I smiled at the guards.
"Please keep it there." I said politely gesturing to the living room. The both came inside as I stepped away and gave them way. They kept it on the coffee table and Tody ran to the bags but he couldn't reach it as he was small. I chuckled at him.
"Thank you very much. Would you like some water?" I asked the guards with a smile. They looked taken aback and stared at each other in shock.
"Uh..no thanks miss." The other one said before leaving. I started checking what they had bought after I heard the door close.

There was a small mattress which I guess is his bed, food, toys and shampoo. Many other stuff for him. I showed the toys to Toddy who was barking and wagging his tail in happiness.

I should thank Carl for all this stuff he has brought.
I carried the mattress and a toy in one hand and tody in one hand as I went upstairs to our room. I thought he must be working but I was confused when I saw that the room was completely dark and he was already asleep with His back facing me. I sighed. Something is really wrong.
I kept the mattress on the floor near my bed and kept Tody on it. I did it very slowly not making any noise to wake him up.

After covering Tody with a blanket I changed into my nightwear and came to sleep beside Carl. He didn't turn around and his eyes were still closed. I slowly kissed his forehead before whispering a small good night to him. I wanted to cuddle so badly but this was not the right time so I turned my body to the other side where Tody slept.

I don't like to see Carl sad and upset. I want him him to be his playful self and be happy always. But what should I do?

Suddenly I heard shifting from behind me and arms wrapped around my waist pulling me into a hard chest. His cologne filled my nostrils as I inhaled his mouthwatering scent. His breath fanned on my neck making me shiver.

"I am sorry." I said slowly.

"For what angel?" He asked. His voice was laced with confusion.

"I...I made that cake. It made you sad. I am sorry. I didn't know that you don't like it." I said with tears welled up in my eyes.

He turned me around to face him and wiped my tears.
"Who said that I don't like the cake?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"I loved the cake very much angel. It was very delicious. Its just that it has a few memories attached with it." He said looking away from me. Memories? I never asked Carl about his past. I was so busy in my own problems that I never understood that he also would be having a past. I am such a terrible girlfriend. He has helped me so much in my life and I didn't even notice when he was sad and needed someone to talk.
I cupped his face. "What is your past Carl? I want you to share it. It will lessen your pain. You have always taken my pain away. So now its my turn to take away yours." I said firmly. He was staring at me with glassy eyes. He was having tears. He looked down and sighed.

"My father was the previous mafia boss. But he was not this successful. He was a buissnessman first who joined mafia later. I had a small and happy family with my parents and an elder sister. My mom was a beautiful kind hearted woman. She didn't like my father's work. She wanted to live a peacefull life away from the security and the constant threats.

My sister Riha was also young at that time. She was 17 at that time and I was 15 when our mom died. She was shot by my father's enemies." A tear escaped from his eyes and same happened with me. Tears flowed from my eyes. I know the pain of not having parents. I can understand what he must have felt.
"My father was so mad, he started to find the enemy who did this. But unfortunately,  my father died in a shootout with that enemy. And sadly, he attacked our house. The guards tried to protect me and my sister. They took us to hide in the attic of the house. Riha however was left behind. And those bastards.....they...they raped her angel. They killed her after voilating her body. They burnt her body so much that only half of it could be saved for the funeral. The enemy ran away leaving a broken me behind. I was only 16 at that time but that incident
Affected my mind and heart so much that I started a trail of murders. I killed everyone who was responsible for my loss. After getting my revenge, I started my own gang and after years I have reached this position. I was turned heartless and cold Emma. Until I saw you. You made my once broken heart beat. You made me love again. You made me a human angel. I was a monster before I met you. But you made me calm. I love you so much angel. You are my everything." He said kissing my forehead. I wiped his tears and hugged him tightly. But one question was still in my mind. What was about the cake?
"But..""-I know what you want to know. My sister used to make the cake for me. And its her death anniversary tomorrow. I always get upset when this day comes. And eating that cake just made me remember her." He said cutting me off.

"Can we visit her grave?" I don't know how but it just came out of my mouth before I could register.
He stared at me wide eyed. But then his blank face turned into a smile.
"Ofcourse we can. She would be happy to see you angel. She always said that I will find a girl who will understand my soul by looking into my eyes. I found her." He said. I frowned. He found a girl who will look into his eyes and understand his soul. That means the girl will love him. But who is she? I love Carl and I will not let her take him away from me.
Sudden possessiveness surged over me at the thought of some other girl taking him from me.

"You are mine Carl. Not that girls. I love you and I will not let you go." I said getting up. I expected a serious response but instead of that I got a very big laughter from him. He started laughing so loudly that even Tody woke up from his sleep barking. I looked at him like he grew two horns.
"What?" I asked him as he tried to control his laughter.
"You....you thought I am talking about some other girl......you are so innocent angel....I was talking about you dummy." He said between his laughs. My face heated in embarrassment as I heard his words. Oh! So he is talking about me and I was all jeolous. I am so crazy. I looked away from him hiding my embarrassment.
He turned me to face him.
"I never knew you could be so possesive angel. I thought you were my sweet little innocent angel. But you are fiesty and I liked it." I slapped his arm play fully as I looked down again.
He leaned near my ear and whispered lowly.
"I am only yours angel. And You look sexy when you get possessive over me." His words had its own effect on me. I was suddenly weak in my knees although I was sitting. I looked into his eyes which stared at me in love and adoration. And the night turned out into a heated one as soon as my lips touched his.