Kyoraku Shunsui

Rejection

Kyoraku looked into the distance, his best friend and the love of his life together and happy. He couldn't help but feel the pain of loss. Of course he covered up the act of sadness by chasing other girls and by having the player boy persona. The academy days were the worse. They were young and dumb, he had to endure seeing (Your Name) and Jushiro in love.

"Hey pretty lady what's wrong?!" He happily calls out to her as she smiles and run towards him. "I got done training! You and Jushiro are so talented I'll never be able to keep up." She pouts under him as he chuckles and places his hand on her head. "You are perfect the way you are." He teased as she lightly blushes and looks away.

"Tch, whatever play boy." She says as they both laugh as she sees Jushiro walks from behind and her face lights up. "Jushiro!" She calls out and give him a big hug. The white haired man blushes and lightly hugs her back. Kyoraku only stared at their direction and hid his discomfort.

"I'll get going love birds." He says and waves them a goodbye. "Hmm I was going to ask him to eat with us." Ukitake says tilting his head in confusion.

The two best friend successfully made it to the Gotei Court and achieved Captain status. They were a talented bunch trained by the strongest man in Seiteitei himself Genryusai.

"I'm jealous, I wanna be popular and strong like you guys." (Your Name) pouts as she sees them wear the haori. "Don't I look beautiful (Your Name)!" Kyoraku cheers throwing an arm around her shoulder as she looks up to him and smile. "Not to bad if I say so myself."

"Don't be a tease." Ukitake says to her and slightly pouts.

"Boo! You are just jealous I didn't hug you yet." (Your Name) sticks her tongue out. Kyoraku just smiles and lets her go to Ukitake.

"It's always like this, letting her go. Well I got new captain duties to attend!" Kyoraku excuses himself as they bid him a farewell. After a good distance away from them he takes a look back. His two best friends hand in hand happily walking back to their barracks.

Jealously

"You are invited to the marriage of Ukitake Jushiro and (Your Name)." Kyoraku reads the letter out loud and lightly places it on his desk. He knew this day was coming, he didn't want admit he was hurting but deep down it tore him apart. The love of his life in the arms of another man and yet this man was his best friend and companion. He could never betray both of them even if it killed him.

As the days of marriage came closer (Your Name) would visit Kyoraku often and tell him about her ideas and theme for the weddings. "With a Captain salary I'm sure we can pay for the wedding we are envisioning." She says showing him the notes she wrote down as inspiration. He talks, but most of the time he would only give small input and smile. That's all he could do without breaking down.

"This is my wedding dress." She then process and shows the drawing the designer had made for her. Kyoraku was breathless, the dress was absolutely stunning. He could only imagine how beautiful she were going to look in it.

"It's so beautiful (Your Name)." He says as her face lights up. "Right! Can't wait till I get to try it on!"

Short months past by and he was standing as the best man. This was the ultimate mood killer, the very moment he saw (Your Name) walked out to the aisle in the dress he was mesmerized. Her smile was glowing but the glowing smile was not to his direction. It was to Ukitake and Kyoraku could feel jealousy swell up as he looked away.