Nine

THIRD PERSON

"Hey Seungmin?"

"Hm?"

"As much as I'm happy that Noelle finally talked to me, I'm really worried..."

"About what?"

Hyunjin sighed, "I don't even know if you actually have feelings for her or not."

Seungmin stared at him for a few seconds before chuckling, "Are you serious right now?"

"What? I'm just scared!"

Seungmin shook his head, "I don't. I'm not interested in girls. More importantly, I think you should be taking a shower now or we'll be late again."

Hyunjin froze as he heard Seungmin's words, "What did you say?"

"I said, you should take a shower now because I don't wanna be late." Seungmin repeated.

"No, the other one."

Seungmin furrowed his brows in confusion, "That I don't like girls...?"

"Seungmin... y-you're gay?"

Seungmin looked to the side before looking back to Hyunjin's eyes, "Um... yeah?"

"S-Since when?"

"Since... I found out years ago, I guess?"

Suddenly, Hyunjin got conscious. He was clueless about this, he didn't know his room mate was gay.

Seungmin noticed, making him scoff, "Are you serious right now?"

"Am I... safe with you?"

Seungmin sighed, "Hyunjin, just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'm attracted to every guy I see. Thought I might admit, you're pretty good-looking but dude? No, I don't like you in that way. Don't assume too much, geez. Besides, even your best friend, Seo Changbin, is gay. You're basically surrounded by gay people so why are you suddenly getting conscious with me?"

"Well— Changbin already has Felix!"

"And Jisung?"

"Jisung— well... he already likes that guy Minho right?"

Seungmin sighed, "That doesn't make me any different. I'm just a normal being who's not interested in girls. Yes, I'm gay but I don't really have someone I like right now."

Hyunjin got even more conscious. The fact that his room mate doesn't have someone he likes at the moment makes him a little uncomfortable.

Seungmin sighed, looking away from Hyunjin's eyes. He knew what the older was feeling at the moment. He knew Hyunjin is now feeling uncomfortable with him, and he hated it. It has occurred to him a lot of times before and he just don't get why they get conscious around him just because of his sexuality.

"Forget it. Just— take a shower already."

* * * * *

As Hyunjin got out of the shower, he noticed his room mate was nowhere to be found. He first wondered where he might be when it hit him, he must've made the latter mad.

He immediately wore his uniform, grabbing his back and rushing out of the dorm. He quickened his pace as he ran to the campus, hoping to meet Seungmin on the way.

To his luck, he did. He called out his room mate but the latter ignored him, as if he didn't want to talk to Hyunjin at the moment.

Hyunjin grabbed Seungmin's wrist as he was able to catch up to him.

"What do you want?" Seungmin coldly asked, still not looking at Hyunjin's direction.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you earlier. I just— I was just surprised!"