Eleven

THIRD PERSON

"Thomas Hobbes... Thomas Hobbes..." Seungmin muttered as he look through the shelf of philosophy books. "Aha, found it!" Just as he was about to grab the book from the shelf, another person reached out for it, making their hands touch.

Seungmin turned to the person's direction and saw a familiar face. "Oh, you're..."

She gave him a smile, extending her hand to him, "Seungmin, right? I'm Noelle."

Seungmin just hummed as he took her hand.

I already know your name though.

"You're in my philosophy class, right? I have known you since second year! You're always active during philosophy, after all."

"Oh, I see..."

"Do you also like philosophy?" She questioned.

"Uh... yeah. It's pretty interesting for me, honestly."

"Right?! I swear, people always freak out whenever I tell them that philosophy is my favorite subject. Why can't people see the beauty behind philosophical ideas?!"

Seungmin chuckled, "I used to hate philosophy. But when you get to dig in deeper to it, it just gets so interesting."

She nodded enthusiastically, "I agree! The more you question things, the more you want to dig in deeper to their ideas!"

Seungmin chuckled, "I can see how you're much of a philosophy enthusiast."

She utters a nervous laugh, "Is it too much?"

Seungmin shook his head with a smile, "It's pretty amazing, actually. After all, not a lot of people like philosophy."

"Oh, and before I forget—" She took out a folder of papers from her bag, handing it to Seungmin. "You're room mates with Hyunjin, right? Can you give this back to him?"

Seungmin took the folder from her and nodded, "Sure but, how did you even know we were room mates?"

She chuckled, "He told me about you when he was working with me for my thesis. Hyunjin sure talks a lot, for someone who seems so intimidating at class."

Seungmin smirked as he heard Noelle's words. "He's interesting, isn't he?"

She nodded, "Yeah! Especially when he presented Socrates' philosophy! Man, I've never saw someone present such philosophy so beautifully!"

And that's thanks to me.

Seungmin leaned closer to her and gave her a smirk, "Do you take interest in him?"

Her cheeks suddenly became red, "W-What? Well... h-he's nice, I guess..."

"Just nice? Noelle, do you... like my room mate?" Seungmin teased.

"Well... yes, I do have a liking to him. After all—"

"Okay, that's enough! I still need to go somewhere. See you, Noelle!"

"W-What? S-Sure, I guess..."

Seungmin gave him a wave before walking away, making his way out of the library. Right now, he just wanted to see Hyunjin and tell him the good news he had just obtained.

* * * * *

"Hyunjinnie!!!" Seungmin yelled out as he entered their dorm.

"Seungmin? What's up? Why are you—"

Seungmin threw himself to Hyunjin, looking up to him enthusiastically. "I have some news!"

"What news?"

He pulls away, sitting properly in from of Hyunjin, "It's about Noelle."

Hyunjin straightens up and gulps, "W-What about Noelle?"

He gave him a bright smile, "She likes you, Hyunjin! Noelle likes you!"

"What— what are you talking about?"

"Well you see, I met her in the library earlier. We had a little talk and she told me she has a liking to you~!"

"Seungmin stopped joking with me—"

Seungmin pinches Hyunjin's cheeks, "I'm not! I'm serious! Noelle really told me that!"

"F-For real?"

He nodded, "For real!"

"That's... impossible!"

Seungmin rolled his eyes, "No it's not. This is reality, Hwang Hyunjin."

"I can't believe this is happening."

"Well, I do! Now man up and confess your love for her!"

"What?! That's too soon!"

"No, it's not! You've been admiring her since middle school, right?"

"W-Well..."

"Hyunjin, I swear to—" He paused as he hears the loud raindrops outside, making him turn his head to the glass window. "I-It's raining..."

"Seems like it."

Seungmin flinches as he hears the sound of the thunder.

"You okay?" Hyunjin questioned.

"Hm? Y-Yeah! I'm fine... I'm gonna go to bed. Let's just talk about this tomorrow." Seungmin said as he slowly crawl under the blanket of his bed. "G-Good night, Hyunjin."

* * * * *

His eyes open as he hears something rumbling by his bed. He rubs his eyes as he got up from his bed, turning on the lamp beside his bed. As the lamp lightens the surroundings, he meets with the eyes of Seungmin who seems to be hiding by the ground beside his bed.

"Seungmin? What are you doing?"

"I— uh... I was looking for my earphones! I think it's around here somewhere..." Seungmin said as he look through the ground.

Hyunjin sees Seungmin's earphones in the latter's table making him chuckle, "Your earphones are there, though."

Seungmin looked behind him and sees his earphones making him bit his lip. "O-Oh! It was right there all along huh... makes sense..." He said as he utter a nervous laugh.

"Why are you even awake at this hour?"

"Well, I just heard something falling out of my bed— GAH!" Seungmin yelled, flinching as the loud sound of the thunder rings in his ears.

"Seungmin! You okay?"

Seungmin looks up to Hyunjin with such nervous eyes, eyes that Hyunjin never saw before. "I... I'm actually scared of thunders... C-Can I sleep beside you just for t-tonight?"

A smile curved into Hyunjin's lips, opening his blanket for Seungmin, "Sure."

Seungmin slowly crawled into Hyunjin's bed when suddenly, the thunder started to ring in his ears again. He clutched onto the sheets, body trembling as he sat on the ground.

Hyunjin touches Seungmin's hand to calm him down. Their eyes meet and Hyunjin could see how scared Seungmin was at that moment.

He gave him a smile and said, "It's okay. I'm here."

Once again, the thunder comes back making Seungmin's eyes widen in fear. He immediately crawls into Hyunjin's bed and the latter wraps his arms around Seungmin, holding him tight. Seungmin nuzzles his face into Hyunjin's neck as he shut his eyes. His body was trembling in fear, but Hyunjin's embrace was helping him calm down. He flinched again as the thunder rings in his ears again, and Hyunjin tightened his grip even more.

"I'm here, you don't have to be scared now... Seungmin-ah."

* * * * *

Triple update because I have nothing else to do anymore skrrtt

Lots of love! <3