Thirteen

THIRD PERSON

Seungmin couldn't stop laughing as he hard Hyunjin's story. The latter just looked away, not even wanting to talk to anyone at the moment.

"Can you stop laughing now, please?"

"I— just can't— believe you've been crushing on— someone who's— gay— HAHAHA!" Seungmin said in between laughs. He clears his throat, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry." He apologized, bitting his lip only to utter a snort again. "Wait— let me laugh again first—" He said before bursting into laughter again.

"Seungmin!"

Once again, he clears his throat. "Okay, I'm sorry. I'll be serious this time." But it was still clear to his face that he was not yet done laughing, bitting his lip to prevent any snort from coming out from him.

Hyunjin rolled his eyes, "I hate you. You caused all of this. You told me she liked me!"

"She did tell me that! I just didn't know that she was not talking about romantic feelings! Plus, I didn't know she's gay!"

Hyunjin sighed, "I was fucking humiliated, you know that?"

"Well at least your unrequited love has finally come to and end, right?"

"That's literally gonna make me feel any better!" Hyunjin whined, burying himself under his bed sheets.

Seungmin did feel guilty. He walked towards Hyunjin and sat on his bed, tapping on him gently. "Hey."

"What do you want?"

"Look, I'm sorry you expected something else. I swear, I didn't know she was—" Seungmin bits his lip, trying to prevent himself from smiling, "—gay."

"You're laughing at me again."

"Well— you can't deny that it's funny!"

Hyunjin clicked his tongue, "Leave me alone, Seungmin."

"Heyyyy, come on, get up." He instructed as he try to get Hyunjin's body out of the bed. "I'll treat you to something."

"As if that's gonna make me feel any better."

"I can assure you that it will make you forget all your problems!"

"You do realize that I can't trust you anymore, right?"

"I know but— just this time!"

No response.

Seungmin removed the blanket covering Hyunjin's head and meets with his eyes, "Please?"

Hyunjin groaned, "Ugh, fine!"

* * * * *

"Seungmin, what the fuck is this?"

There they stood, in front of a mansion— rather, a spooky mansion.

Seungmin puts his hands in his pockets and shrugged, "It's the place that will make you forget all your problems!"

"A fucking haunted house?!"

"Hey, don't say it like that. Haunted houses are such... artistic features."

"No, they are not!"

"Oh just stop complaining and let's go in! I already bought our tickets!"

"Nope, I'm not going there. Definitely no."

Seungmin smirked, leaning closer to Hyunjin's face, "Why? Are you scared?"

"N-No... I just don't want you clinging to me once we enter inside!"

"Oh, don't worry about me. I'm fond of these things, now let's—"

As Seungmin took a step forward towards the door, Hyunjin grabbed his wrist. "No, wait!"

"Hm?"

Hyunjin bits his lip, tapping his foot on the ground. He groaned, "Ugh, fine!"

Soon, they entered inside. Hyunjin looked around, being too cautious for any jump scares that may come out any moment now. The inside was too frightening for him, spider webs are everywhere, and skeleton statues were in every side.

"Uh... Seungmin? Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Hyunjin, if you're scared, you can always hold on to my hand."

"Scared? Who. Not me— ARGH! WHAT WAS THAT?!" He yelled, immediately grabbing the latter's hand as he step onto something. He slowly looked down, eyes widening as he realized he just step on a skull. "NOOO!!!! GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!" He wrapped his arms around Seungmin's body tight, his whole body trembling that they almost fall down to the ground.

"Hyunjin, calm down!"

"No! We're gonna die here!!!"

Seungmin uses his forehead, hitting it against the latter's to quiet him down. "Calm down, Hyunjin. I'm here."

Hyunjin gulped, slowly nodding as he intertwined their fingers. "S-Sorry."

Seungmin chuckled, ruffling Hyunjin's hair. "You're such a scaredy cat, aren't you."

"N-No! Ghost are just— not my thing..."

They continued to walk their way around the mansion. They were able to meet with other people along the way, but Hyunjin wanted to get out soon so they didn't bother talking with the people with them. As they were reaching the exit, Hyunjin spots a couple making him stop in his track.

"Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin's eyes were fixed on the couple, cuddled to each other with such frightened expressions in their faces. They were frightened, but Hyunjin could feel the love those two were having making him feel a pang in his heart.

He wanted to feel it too, he wanted to feel love too. He has been admiring Noelle for years only to find out he has zero chance in the end. It was just too much for him.

"Hyunjin? You okay?"

Hyunjin shuts his eyes for a moment before turning back to Seungmin. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just... get out of here."

Soon after, they found themselves out of the mansion. Seungmin stretched his arms as he utter a heavy sigh, "That was fun, don't you think? It made you forget your problems even for a moment, right?"

Seungmin was right. Hyunjin did forget about his heartbreak when they were inside the haunted mansion... until he saw the couple on their way to the exit. The moment, he laid his eyes on the couple, he felt another heartbreak inside of him. He just wanted to feel love, but he couldn't obtain it for himself.

"Seungmin."

"Hm?"

"Be my boyfriend."

Seungmin could only stare at him after hearing the latter's words. He was not surprised. In fact, just looking into the eyes of his friend, he knew what was wrong. He could sense the pain Hyunjin was feeling at that moment. He knew what kind of phase Hyunjin was going through. He completely understood him.

With that, Seungmin gives him a smile as he nodded.

"Sure."

* * * * *

What if I do another quadruple update for today? 👀

I'm kidding I don't think that's possible lol I don't even know what had gotten to me yesterday 🤧