𝟏𝟗

Tension, awkward atmosphere immediately surrounds around Y/N as Minjoo calls the middle-aged lady in front of him mom.

To think he will actually meet his future mother-in-law, without him planning to meet any of Minjoo's family in the first place, that caught him of the guard.

He immediately recovers his compose, smiled, and welcome her in along with Minjoo still begin shocked to see her mom as she never thought any of her family actually have the time to spend with her.

"Mom, why are you here?" Minjoo asks as she closes the door, to only be stopped by a hand.

And it turns out to be her father.
"Dad?"

Y/N who heard Minjoo immediately turned around.
Minjoo's mom chuckle upon looking at Y/N's reactions, who instantly picked up his backpack to find his casual clothes and rush to change.

"Honey, I see other pair of male shoe's out there, Minjoo won't even answer me so who is the guy I have to beat up-"

"Relax, it's her future husband. He's much more good looking compared to the photo."

Minjoo tried her best to keep her poker face, yet her eyes still avoiding her father's gaze.

"I can swear that we didn't do anything we shouldn't do," Y/N come out from the bathroom with his pajama changed off. "I was here for Minjoo safety, she said these past few days people have been trying to break in.." He added as he bows down to her parents.

Both Minjoo's parents looked at each other, and they both smile.
"First of all, we're sorry Minjoo." Her mom chuckled.

"Your dad here," She points at him as he looks away, "was worried as this is the really the very first time you asked for information of a guy from all the pictures I sent to you."

"So I stopped him last night as I noticed he has been driving here almost all night these few days from his GPS.."

He rolled his eyes, "I don't see anything wrong worrying about my child!"

"Sorry to step in but you scared Minjoo.." Y/N says softly as he looks at Minjoo who been sitting beside her mom since just now after her father stare. The man heard him loud and clear.

"... I'm sorry. It's just that she rarely comes to us now so I thought if she scares or anything she will think of her parents.."

"Aw, isn't your father cute like this?" Her mom says as she pulls him close and hugs him. Minjoo laughs as she sees her dad trying to get away from his own wife's embrace, looking embarrassed.

"Anyway, Y/N is it?" He gives up and lets his wife continue patting his head currently as if he's a big puppy, looking all serious at Y/N.

"Have you heard anything about the project your father financed in?"

".. Has anything happened to him? So far I didn't know much bout him. So about the investment... I apologize, I don't know anything." Y/N lied, he got the gust of which investment he's asking. He knows too, the father of his definitely asked the uncle in front of him for support.

" But, I heard something from my grandparents before, just a bit. Is it regarding acquiring a plot of land near < ... > to build an all in one complex apartment? I did a bit of research and, I don't recommend you to join in with my father."

He warns, "the company itself is small but with a lot of resources available, isn't that kind of too suspicious? Why would they have the resources? Is it just a puppet company from some big companies out there to get the required attention to have the land sold? If " Y/N pauses a while, thinking of what he should continue to say, he could feel the suspicious gaze.