𝟐𝟎

"I am a child of your mistress," Jaehui said after he finished taking in what his father just told him.

"You messed around when Y/N's mother is still pregnant with your child?" He takes a few steps back away from his dad.
No matter how bad Jaehui will be, he knows not to betray his love like that. "Another woman who love you a lot and bearing your child, and you went out fucking around."

He snickers, "tell me, I guess I was kinda an accident isn't it?"

"I divorced before I remarried with your mom, you are not allowed to call yourself that. I no longer had feelings for Y/N's mom that's why I-"

Jaehui stops his father from continuing on by cutting his words off.
"Don't give me that bullshit. Do you stop loving her when she's pregnant? That's even worst."

"She's just someone with no importance to help the company growing, so what if I loved someone else? All she needed to do was to give birth to my child safely and she will be able to keep begin the legal wife."

Jaehui couldn't believe what he heard.
"She did give birth to Y/N safely, what do you mean by that?"

Y/N is still alive, which means he was safe all along. Was it Y/N's mom that got into trouble? Something is very weird here. He feels it. Knowing how his dad is so obsessed with wealth and status now...

" You definitely didn't divorce her that pleasingly. You must have done something that made her agree to the divorce unwillingly."

"It's a no wonder you're my son, you know me too well."
He laughs, in a way that Jaehui finds it very creepy.

"I told her Y/N died on the day he was born. Just so she will have a mental break down. Who to blame if she couldn't help me grow bigger in terms of wealth? Love means nothing. Money is everything."

"You, yourself said love means nothing. Don't you find it that you, yourself conflict with your own words right now with what you said?"

"I ain't technically wrong here. I love your mom, financially. She loves me so much that she's willing to do everything for me." The older man shrug, he doesn't find what he had done was wrong.

"Anyway, contact Y/N for me." He said in a demanding tone, he won't take no as an answer from Jaehui as he stares at Jaehui emotionless. "I just paid off your gambling debt, such a simple task you will be able to do it right, right?"

----

Y/N phone rings as he helps Minjoo preparing breakfast together, he excused himself and see that it's a phone call from Jaehui. He waited for the phone to rings for more than 10 seconds before answering it.

" Hey Jaehui! It's kinda unusual for you to look me up so early, what's up?" Jaehui didn't answer.

"Hey? Jaehui? Anything wrong?"

< Did you know that you're my older brother? >
The uneasiness coming from Jaehui could be heard from the phone call itself.

Y/N laughs, "Jaehui, I thought we are brother since a few years ago? What are you talking-"

< I mean, as in real brother. We both have the same father. >

Y/N acts like he's shocked, despite knowing everything already.
"What do you mean we have the same father, I knew my biological father came finding me a few days back but? Huh?"

He peeks back and sees Minjoo looking at him worryingly.
He smiles and walks towards Minjoo and squeezes her nose softly with he's free hand. He then uses that hand to cover the phone, " I'm okay Minjoo, your face right now is filled with the words 'worry'."

< Can you come over later? He... Wants to see you. >

The smile Y/N had instantly changed into a frown, "I will go if I'm free later. Send over the address." And he soon hangs up the call.

He was so sure that his father won't be bothering him for a while with the trouble he had... He didn't even notice Minjoo been staring at him after he ends his call, or so she thought.

" How long are you going to keep staring at me, Ms. Kim?" She's just right in front of him, how would he not notice it.

"You going to see him later?," Minjoo asks, from her side she only knows that Y/N had never met his father until lately, today will be his 2nd meeting. "Erm, do you want me to accompany you today? I think Hyewon will allow me to off even though today suppose to be my 2nd day of work..."

Y/N thought for a while, "No. I don't want him to see you yet.
I'm sure he has a new motive wanting me to meet him for the 2nd time so soon.."

Minjoo nods her head in understanding, but what she couldn't understand was what Y/N just said new motive.
She ignores it after a while, both Y/N and Minjoo washed their hands and continued preparing breakfast.

----

Both Y/N and Minjoo then bring out the food they prepared together, when they place it down, Minjoo's parent comes over immediately.

"Can't believe my daughter knows how to cook??" Her father teased.

"Excuses me, she got my DNA. Of course, she knows how to cook like her mom!"

Y/N glances over and whispered to Minjoo, "can't stand them that's why you moved out?" Minjoo looks at her own parents.
"Trust me, when at home it's much worst." She whispered back and chuckle silently.

"I hope we will be like your parent in the future though."
Y/N said out loud without much thinking and that earn the stares from the Kim family.

"... I said nothing." Y/N looks away as Minjoo softly hits his shoulder.

It will be really nice tho, just from imagining it.