06 | lilies and sunflowers

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

"no matter how many relationships
we seem to have, we're all alone."

— Another, Mei Misaki —

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

[ 3RD PERSONS VIEW]

"What are we doing here?" Jaemin groaned as Renjun continued to tug on the boy's arm. He winced, feeling a slight burning sensation on his wrist from Renjun's constant pulling. "You're actually hurting me, Renjun."

Renjun let go of his wrist and stood up straight, pointing towards the Choi's house. Jaemin shuddered upon seeing the house, "W-What are we doing here?" he mumbled, averting his eyes away.

"Just– look, I may seem weird but... I think someone else is living with Mrs. Choi."

Jaemin ridiculed, laughing awkwardly, "Of course, Renjun! Mr. Choi came the other day to drop someone off. I guess relatives." he shrugged, finally mustering up the courage to look at the house.

The boys stood there in silent until a voice called for them, "Oh? Jaemin! Renjun! What brings you two here?" the two teenagers spun around to find Mrs. Choi behind them. She chuckled and walked passed them, "Did you come to visit?"

Renjun nodded with a small smile, "Yes."

Mrs. Choi ushered them into the house, "Do you want anything to eat or...?" she trailed off, walking into the kitchen, taking her hat off and placing it on the table.

Upon entering the house, they kicked off their shoes and walked in slowly. Renjun flinched, hearing the sound of the piano playing again. He shot his head towards the grand piano, only to find no one occupying it. Eyes trailing beside the grand piano, and a tall glass table sat there. On top of it was a vase of lilies and next to it was a framed sunflower.

"Who's playing the piano?" Jaemin raised a brow and looked around.

Renjun felt thrills running down his spine as the uneasy feeling rose in him. His eyes trailed up the stairs, catching a glimpse of the light blue door, it was slightly open.

"Haruki!"

The boys froze hearing Mrs. Choi call the deceased girl's name. Gulping, they looked at each other, trying to check if both of them heard her right.

"Haruki! Choi Haruki!"

There she goes again. As she continued to call for Haruki, the sound of the piano grew louder, as if the player was angry.

Jaemin bit his bottom lip in fright, "Um– Mrs. Choi?"

"Yes, Jaemin?"

"Why are you calling Haruki?" he croaked out, voice trembling in horror.