33 | the recording

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

"either we live by accident and die by accident, or we live by plan
and die by plan."

— Thornton Wilder —

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

[ 3RD PERSONS VIEW]

Friday, around 3:45 PM. October 27, 2018.

Jisung had his nose scrunched cutely, his fingers delicately held the plastic bag as if it would break anytime soon. They were walking to the doll shop after Haruki had treated him out for the whole day.

Spending their time leisurely at arcades and fun shops as they would always do. Haruki delved out the doll shop's key from her jacket's pocket, the lock made a click sound and Haruki twists the knob before pushing the door open.

"It's so quiet..." Jisung mumbled, scanning the lifeless area.

Haruki sighed, "I know. I told Mom not to keep it like this– I don't know why she had become so careless! She treats these dolls like it was her daughter," she approached one of the shelves, gliding her finger along the wooden shelf, "But look!"

Jisung squinted his eyes, seeing a cluster of grey dust on her fingertip. Looking back at the shelves, seeing a clean line that was once covered in dust.

Haruki pouted, "She's leaving this place to dust!"

"What are we doing here anyway? Besides... you know... checking if everything's still in good condition." Jisung questioned, drumming his fingers rhythmically on the counter. "Look– she's been working on a new doll," he stated and pointed down at the stool.

Laid upon the stool was an unfinished doll. Had no face at all but there were hollow parts where the eye goes. Jisung backed away, shivering, "Okay, that's creepy."

Haruki chuckled and picked up the doll, patting down the figure's dark hair, "Her hair reminds me of someone..."

"A friend?" Jisung hummed.

"My other half..." the girl mumbled before walking off, leaving a confused younger boy.

"Just wait there, I'm going to check the back room."

Jisung patiently sat on one of the free chairs, his vellus hair rising up all of the sudden, chills running down his spine.