23 | love's joy

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

"you have a soul, doctor. you are a soul.
you have a body temporarily."

— Walter M. Miller Jr. —

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

[ 3RD PERSONS VIEW]

The darkened hair boy waited patiently outside the convenience store as his two friends, plus his cousin insisted to buy some snacks before heading to Renjun's place. Arms secured in front of him, gazing at the birds settled onto some old tree branches.

A smile curved up his lips, remembering how Haruki liked to point out different types of birds– she always envied how free they seemed. That made him think for a bit, if Haruki envied their freedom, did that mean she didn't have her own?

Almost every day hanging out with Haruki and the boys, Chenle never really noticed, unless it was a different type of freedom she was talking about.

Maybe, Haruki felt trapped inside her and they were just too oblivious to notice it. But then again, there were short stories Haruki would always tell them. About her mother and father- no, they weren't separated, from what she said before, her father had to leave due to his business, however, perhaps another reason why was Haruka.

They were too engrossed with keeping Haruka away from them that to Haruki, it no longer felt like a family.

Chenle sighed deeply, looking up from the ground. As he did, he caught a familiar dark brown-haired girl walking down the streets.

Wearing nothing but black clothing as her head was tilted down, staring at the cement pavement. As she neared him, his hand urged to move, wanting to call her and say hello, but was it okay to do so?

Looking around, not many people were really outside. It was Saturday and everyone would most likely stay in or wake up later.

"Haruka!" he called out, the said girl looking up immediately, a noticeably shocked expression laid on her face.

To Haruka, it was a bit surprising that someone had talked to her– and that someone happened to be one of Haruki's beloved friend. The shock washing away quickly, replaced by a blank face.

"Chenle." she bobs her head, not really sure why he had called for her.

A sincere smile tugged up the corner of his lips as he waved at her, "Are you out for a walk?" he casually asks a question, gesturing towards their surroundings.