25 | twinkle twinkle little star

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

"some people seem to fade away but when they are truly gone,
it's like they didn't fade away at all."

— Bob Dylan —

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

[ 3RD PERSONS VIEW]

The twenty-fourth of July is a dreadful day for the Lee family. Today marks the day whereas they confirmed that the body found ragged deep in the groves of Jinhae-gu was finally identified– it belonged to no other than Lee Jaewon, Jeno's younger brother.

Jeno had his head hung low, feeling like a part of him was snatched away. Torn apart as he heard the news boosted out from the television like wildfire, abruptly standing up as he felt like time has stopped for him.

"Jeno–"

"Why... I was with him last week– I thought he was just lost... I thought he'll come back home to my open arms, but no." Jeno rambled, gradually crumbling apart as he clenched his fists.

Donghyuck stood up and wanted to hug the boy but Haruki beat him to it. They were all in Jeno's house; his parents went to the police station after a quick phone call and were welcomed with horrible news.

These teens have been trying to help the Lee family in searching for their missing son, sadly it had ended with this.

Nothing but a dead kid.

Haruki whispered soft assuring words into his ears, drawing circles onto his back. Jeno had his arms wrapped around her upper body whilst the others remained silent, praying for Jaewon's death.

"He was just a kid! How– h-how could they..." Jeno's voice trembled in their ears.

Donghyuck's heart pained, whether it was because Jeno was hurting or the jealousy inside him was flaring at the scene that unfolded in front of them. Averting his gaze away, he could see their other friends all with frowns drawn on their lips.

Jaewon was a kind and friendly little brother that they all adored. Jeno always made sure that he was safe; and like Haruki, Jaewon was someone who warmed his heart and filled the emptiness in his home.

Renjun scrolled through the articles that popped up about Jaewon's confirmed death. Frustration was evident on his face as he pursed his lips, appalled with how they displayed his death.