34 | i no longer have a body

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

"my mind is quiet now. there's no fire
or ash, no sulfur or shattering glass.
only silence, empty and cold."

— Christine Fonseca —

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

[ 3RD PERSONS VIEW]

Mark rushed out of the campus, wanting to arrive at Jisung's house almost instantly as they said it was urgent and he had to go now. As soon as he had stepped out, he let out a small gasp, not expecting the light snowfall especially since it's still November.

It rarely snows during November in Korea, but here it was, snowing. He tugs on the rims of his jacket before quickening his pace with small pecks of snow dropping on his shoulders and hair.

Nearing Jisung's neighborhood, hastened steps against the pavement, he heard a scarcely audible scream.

Mark turns around, seeing Hanmi across the road, her eyes were wide in terror, fear had become tangible, her own pulse beating in her ears making it difficult for her to hear any other sound.

Hanmi had run out of her house as if it was a horrible place that she had to escape in order to survive, at least that's what she thought momentarily.
"Help me." she mouthed, her voice weak and fragile as she slowly crossed the road.

Mark furrowed his brows, not catching what Hanmi was saying. He walked back, about to cross the road when the sound of wheels scoring against the rigid cement, loud honking noise to alarm everyone. The driver was scared– his heart racing as he couldn't stop the car, the brakes were broken.

Mark's lips parted wide, shooting a look at the girl crying on the road, with everything going on, she couldn't register all at once.

"Hanmi!" the boy panicked, ready to jump into the road and push her away, but a force pulled her back.

He was late.

Her body flew further as the front of the car crashed with her. With an abrupt stop, the driver hopped out, crying and rushing towards the poor girl.

Blood, darkened red started pooling around her. Eyes still wide open, the body looked dormant as life had gone away. Cheeks stained in an agony of tears as specks of white snow faltered.

People nearby began crowding her body, utters and whispers bursting into the air, sirens going loud.

"H-Hanmi..." Mark croaked out, horrified, traumatized. He had just witnessed death right in front of his eyes, the fact that it was a friend made the whole situation worse.