32 | the suspicious detective

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

"i can bear any pain as long as it has a meaning. "

— Haruki Murakami —

════════♫♬♫♬♫════════

[ 3RD PERSONS VIEW]

"You told me they were at the doll shop!" the detective's voice was garish and unmistakable through the girl's phone.

"Because they were! I know they are– that's what I heard them talk about a while ago!" she yelled back, tears clouding at the rim of her eyes, hands were trembling as she thought of her situation.

"Well, you should've listened more carefully because they weren't there!"

"Please! I told you–"

"Yeah, whatever. Our deal isn't off yet. You better stop them from finding out any more, or else, you know what happens."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The line was dropped leaving the girl to fall on her knees. Loud sobs emitting from her as she wanted to slam her phone onto the wall.

This wasn't supposed to happen, she wasn't supposed to get caught up in this mess.

Laying by the edge of her bed, she stared at her phone's illuminated screen. Her recent conversation with the detective glinting brightly, still her cheeks damped by the seemingly never-ending tears.

Fear, horror, agony.

She was scared to death of what may happen if she broke off the deal. All she wanted was to get away from everything and have a happy life with her family, most especially her younger siblings.

AHN YURA.
Are you backing out now?
Remember.
You're doing this for your siblings.

The girl bawled in frustration, her hands dropping onto the side as she looked up. "She's right... I'm doing this for my family... for the sake of Hana and Hansung," she whispered before throwing her phone, the object slamming onto the grey walls, descending to the ground leaving the screen shattered and glitching.

Knocking was audibly sounding from the other side of the door, "Noona? Are you okay? We heard noises!" the panicked tone of her twelve-year-old brother resonated, causing her to crumble more.