Chapter 1

My day started per usual waking up at 6 am to step into the world of crime that sadly never ceases, no matter how tired you are, or if it's been God knows how long before you've had a moment to yourself. Days could be trying but in the end you knew why you worked and it payed off- most of the time. Pulling back the covers I quickly made my bed and grabbed my phone, heading to the bathroom to relieve the pesky morning bladder that so often ruined my wonderful dreams. I washed my hands and connected to my speaker to play my morning playlist to hopefully get up my energy for the day. I dance around the bathroom brushing my teeth before the music cuts and my phone buzzes mad on the counter.

  "Walker" I sigh, spitting out the toothpaste, not bothering to read the caller ID.

   "Vel, it's Hotch. We have a new case get in as soon as you can." His normal monotone voice playing through the speaker.

  "Wow Hotchy, what every girl loves to hear in the morning, get in early for the smell of homicide." I hear a sigh on the other end,him used to my playful antics he blames on Morgan.

    "Just get here. Oh and stop calling me Hotchy."

  "Be there in twenty Sir Hotchikin."

  He goes to say something but I hit the end button before he can before rinsing my mouth out and pulling down my knotty Auburn, chest length hair, before struggling through it with the brush leaving the natural messy wave of it, not time for a straighten or a curl. I pull on my usual work attire, a black long sleeve v neck shirt and my black dress pants that slightly hug the thighs and flare at the end. Easily replaceable and easy to move it. Snatching my FBI jacket off the door and my bag from the desk I pass the kitchen grabbing my keys and an leftover watermelon from the fridge for my short in car breakfast. Locking the door I speed walk to my old 1964 Chevy truck I bought off my grandpa when I was 18. It was hard work but I've loved her all my life and I just new I had to have her. Morgan can make fun of my all he wants but I know he's just jealous I'm cooler than him, and always will be.

  I pull into my usual spot and put on my badge grabbing my stuff before meeting JJ at the door. We smile at each other and have light conversation up to our floor.

  "I think Hotch is gonna glare at me when we get to the conference room."

  "What did you do this time?" She asks smiling, knowing she can't resist to know how I pushed his buttons before walking in the door.

"He called to tell me to hurry up and get to work for the case, as I was supposed to be able to come in late today so I called him Hotchy. He didn't like that so I called him Hotchikin and hung up before he could 'Walker' and glare into my soul through the phone." She laughed as the doors opened and we were greeted by the familiar cold and chatty office, everyone doing some sort of work, or at least trying to act like it.

   I drop my stuff off at my desk and say hello to the rest of the team, waiting for Hotch to come out of his office.

  "Hey Morgan, I bet you twenty bucks, I've already annoyed Hotch."

     "C'mon sweetheart, I know you already have, I would be stupid to bet on it." I playfully stick out my tongue at him before we get our morning coffee and are called in to the conference room.

  I sip at the bitter coffee and make a face before tuning into to what's being said as Hotch passes out the paperwork.

  "Thanks Hotchikin" Morgan says aiming a bright smile at him causing the team to snicker and Hotch to glare at me.

  "Don't look at me! I only told JJ, obviously Morgan is a creepy stalker and needs to be shown out of the office." He rolls his eyes and turns back to the board without a word, Morgan earning a stern look from me, with a smirk in return.