Chapter 6

It's been a month since the Texas case, Morgan and Anubis getting closer yet not having gone a first date yet because it's hard to plan when you  work for the BAU. Hotch seems to have returned to normal, maybe just slightly more distant from me but in my now ten months working here, I don't let it get to me since it's Hotch and he just has his moments. After our first case this month, Elle left us for another department, emotions getting the best of her and affecting her field work. We didn't have long with an absence, as Strauss hired a new agent, Emily Prentiss; who I've bonded quite well with since I recently went through exactly what did. It being a Friday night without a case, we all finish up at five and plan on having gendered nights out, that way us girls can get better acquainted with Emily and so we can have all the girl talk and not have to hide the teasing about Hotch. Emily jump on board with the teasing, now leaving me to defend myself since everyone else was against me.

"Why do we always have so much paperwork?" Morgan complains, rubbing his face.

   "It's not even that bad, just be happy it's not difficult work." I respond, not looking up from my current sheet of paper.

  "I just want it to be the end of the day already, I wanna go have some drinks and watch Reid fail at talking to girls." Reid gives him a confused scowl, as I roll my eyes and stand from my desk, grabbing the recently finished workload.

   "I bringing my file to Hotch, anyone need something turned in?" Morgan and Prentiss hand we theirs with a thank you, before a ascend the stairs to Hotchner's office.

   The door is open so I give a soft knock, waiting in the doorway for him to welcome me in. He does without looking up so I walk to the edge of his desk and extend the files.

  "These are My, Prentiss', and Morgan's files."

"Thank you. I see you finally remembered a jacket." He responds raising a playful eyebrow as he finally meets my gaze.

   "Only for my work outfit. It's hopefully going to be warm tonight and my dress is long sleeve so let's pray my weather forecast is correct." He gives me a soft chuckle before returning to his work, myself going back to my desk.

   He was right thought, I finally remembered to bring a hoodie, it being the one I wore on the plane, and some black slacks for bottoms, dressing work appropriate but still comfy enough to not hinder my work performance. I sit back at my desk and pass Emily a sticky note, her desk being in front of mine. Drawing her brow she grabs it and quickly scans it before smiling and scribbling something before passing it back. I look at it and instantly snort, trying to hold back laughter, causing the team to look at me with amusement.

  "What in the world is so funny?" Morgan asks, rolling to my desk across the aisle.

   "I drew a crab and pasted it to Em, and she out a cowboy hat on it. I cannot explain why this is so funny to me." I answer, grabbing a piece of tape, and hanging it on the corner of my laptop, not wanting to loose my now favorite piece of art work.

  The rest of the work day went by relatively slow, Emily and I joined Garcia and JJ in the 'bat cave' for lunch, but after that, JJ went to her office and Emily and I returned to our desks, to finish up our work and also maybe shoot some rubber bands at Morgan and Reid, who did their best to shoot them back, Reid hitting Anderson instead of Emily, causing the warm to end before we had more casualties.

  "You boys have a fun night out." I say as they head in one direction, us in the other.

   "You too, get some numbers for yourselves." Morgan says winking.

    "Maybe. Anubis is free tomorrow night by the way. It was gonna be our movie night, but you guys should have a first date already." We all say goodbye, us girls getting into two cars.